• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

On Kamala, she was my clear favourite to win the nomination after Sanders. She was sharp, was progressive enough for me without anyone being able to call her the far left. Her past had some issues as an AG but any politicians would have issues, hers was no more pronounced that your regular politicians.

And of course it was important for me that she was a woman. I believe the first woman president should have the character to put history to shame for not having more women as presidents. She had that.

Over the past four years however, she has failed to live up to that expectation. She does not do well in public appearances, is not very well liked, does not inspire.

What I'm hoping for is that we'll see the Kamala the presidential candidate back. It's not a great comparison I know, but me in a leadership role I am totally different person than an individual contributor at work. If we get Kamala the candidate back she will shine. She will appeal to young progressives, working professionals, and everyone in between.

Part of the problem is that traditionally, the job of the VP is to just be competent and stay out of the picture. Like, can anyone point to anything that Pence did while VP? Or even Biden when he was VP?

She's definitely got enough credentials to fill the role, but yeah, she's not Obama in personality. Would be curious how she would be if she gets thrown in as the presumptive nominee without a full race, and how she would approach that.

Part of the problem is that traditionally, the job of the VP is to just be competent and stay out of the picture. Like, can anyone point to anything that Pence did while VP? Or even Biden when he was VP?

She's definitely got enough credentials to fill the role, but yeah, she's not Obama in personality. Would be curious how she would be if she gets thrown in as the presumptive nominee without a full race, and how she would approach that.
I think she'll fall flat on her face on a national stage. I mean, it already happened once.

Multiple pictures and videos show the teleprompters fully intact. This has been proven wrong so many times in just the 12 hours following the event. Yet we're here almost a week later...
I deeply despise when I agree with you.

Let's be above the conspiracy theories, folks.

I deeply despise when I agree with you.

Let's be above the conspiracy theories, folks.
no conspiracy theory. I just refuse to take the word of a convicted felon and adjudicated rapist. could easily put the mystery to bed by releasing medical records, or having the doctor who examined him give a statement.

no conspiracy theory. I just refuse to take the word of a convicted felon and adjudicated rapist. could easily put the mystery to bed by releasing medical records, or having the doctor who examined him give a statement.
The people behind him died from glass shards, too?

For me it's kinda like... Who cares? We saw he got shot at, we saw his ear was bloody. Whether it was the bullet or the glass that did the damage, we know two things:

1. He was shot at
2. He got hit by something that caused his ear to bleed. We saw the amount of damage that was done and it was all due to the bullet one way or another.

It sure did seem like it was the bullet that grazed him to me, but even in the unlikely case it wasn't... Who cares?

The people behind him died from glass shards, too?
they've released details about what happened to those people from independent folks. not the case for your boy.

again, you're asking me to take the word of a convicted felon and rapist, who is a proven liar. I'm just not gonna do it, when there is objective evidence and impartial third parties that can provide an accurate picture. the fact that they haven't (released any details or medical records) yet speaks for itself.

I've read this sentence a couple times, and it still makes no sense. lol.
When has the economy ever been shut down like it did for covid. Ok, now if you're looking at economic improvement metrics that START when the lockdowns were lifted, then it's safe to assume there will ALWAYS be dramatic improvement since the starting point was HORRIBLE.

to be clear, my position is neither Trump got shot, nor he did not get shot. my position is we have no idea whether he got shot until we are provided with medical records and/or statements from any treating physician.

When has the economy ever been shut down like it did for covid. Ok, now if you're looking at economic improvement metrics that START when the lockdowns were lifted, then it's safe to assume there will ALWAYS be dramatic improvement since the starting point was HORRIBLE.
well yeah, Trump mismanaged covid really horribly! then Biden came to the rescue and got the country back on track

The economy is in far better shape than it was pre-covid, by every measure.

And the incredible part about is that for the first time in literally generations, the biggest gains have been for the working class.

This is of course why you now see all these angry billionaires desperately pushing the GOP.

For me it's kinda like... Who cares? We saw he got shot at, we saw his ear was bloody. Whether it was the bullet or the glass that did the damage, we know two things:

1. He was shot at
2. He got hit by something that caused his ear to bleed. We saw the amount of damage that was done and it was all due to the bullet one way or another.

It sure did seem like it was the bullet that grazed him to me, but even in the unlikely case it wasn't... Who cares?

Yesh this seems silly. He was shot at and it came really close to getting him. Obviously there's no significant injuries but still he almost got killed. Doesn't even really matter how much damage there was.

Yesh this seems silly. He was shot at and it came really close to getting him. Obviously there's no significant injuries but still he almost got killed. Doesn't even really matter how much damage there was.

Eh, I think this ignores how useful the imagery the right is trying to evoke is. He took a bullet for us is way more emotionally powerful than he took a piece of glass shrapnel for us.

Myth and imagery is an extremely powerful tool for political movements like maga

Back