• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Eh, I think this ignores how useful the imagery the right is trying to evoke is. He took a bullet for us is way more emotionally powerful than he took a piece of glass shrapnel for us.

Myth and imagery is an extremely powerful tool for political movements like maga

grazed by a bullet or hit from glass shrapnel from a bullet aren't any different tbh.

he took a bullet like a champ. don't fight it.

like what would Biden have done in the exact same situation? he wouldn't have been a chickenshit about it, but would he have roared to his feet fist pumping in the air? doubt it.

like what would Biden have done in the exact same situation? he wouldn't have been a chickenshit about it, but would he have roared to his feet fist pumping in the air? doubt it.
I doubt he would have had a ketchup packet in his hand, for one

Yeah, like initially was definitely some conspiracy, but I think we've seen enough. For me, it would be nice for them to reveal the medicals, because from what it seems like, it just barely nicked him, probably in absolute damage terms less than when you slice an onion and the knife slips. I definitely think the massive ear bandage is totally there to garner sympathy and is not needed in the least.

But it was still damn hell close to him. Just because he didn't catch it directly doesn't necessarily lessen the impact of the act. Although ironically with Jesus, even he had to show off his wounds for his followers to trust him.

Re: Trump medical records, I don’t actually think it makes too much of a difference what the medical information actually is but it’s just one more example of a Trump departure from norms that are intended to increase transparency/establish trust in the office, imo.

Typically the hospital treating would make a statement.

He’d probably tell the crowd that he knows they’re all talking about him because his ear was burning. And then maybe a quick nap while they take out the shooter.

Re: Trump medical records, I don’t actually think it makes too much of a difference what the medical information actually is but it’s just one more example of a Trump departure from norms that are intended to increase transparency/establish trust in the office, imo.

Yup, another example of Trump determining what the truth is and using bare power to force everyone else to just accept it.

What’s typical in an assassination attempt?

Back