• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

i'll never forget when the yonge st van attack happened and jordan peterson suggested society just should've forced some poor woman to marry him to solve it.

Up until that point I was only dimly aware of Peterson as the U of T professor beloved by the National Post & Sun Media for his weird obsessive crusade against trans pronouns.

Then he dropped that article right after the van attack arguing that the solution to incel violence was “enforced monogamy”, where unmarried women would be forced to marry & have sex with incels.

And my immediate reaction was “Ahh, cool! This is a completely unserious, shitty and bugfuck nuts person, and I never again need to waste a single second of my life considering his views on literally anything.” Which I’ve 100% stuck to since then.

most of us here pray for Zeke (just today I popped in a Montreal church and lit a candle for him) but that has Fuck All to do with his political views

Haha I am 6'4" and 215-220lbs (I don't check often, but I know the last time was in that range) white guy. Don't work out as much as I'd like to now that I have a child but it is what it is. I'm not a morning person so only 3-4 times a week now.

I can grow a beard but don't let it get long since I can't stand the itchiness.

Privileged to be a health individual.
Impressive.

Mind you, this guy also claims to be 6'3" and 215lbs

donald-trump-playing-golf-may-2023.png

most of us here pray for Zeke (just today I popped in a Montreal church and lit a candle for him) but that has Fuck All to do with his political views

200.webp

No, they just don't fit your perception of a Trump voter that the propaganda machine has drilled into you and so it challenges you to actually try to understand the person on the other side.

Part of why I engage here.
no, they're inconsistent and change with the wind. that's the challenge.

there are no coherent or consistent principles expressed. as soon as I think I understand something, you're on to the a new thing, or the first thing has already somehow changed into something different.

and anytime you're challenged on your beliefs, you either move the goalposts, yell fake news, or make things up.

I've tried to engage with you in good faith but I quite literally cannot keep up with how quickly your views change and metamorphize.

Back