• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

i'm not sure why the people who think dems cheated by mail in votes, burst pipes, suitcases, mules, voting machine switcheroos (and totally got away w it apparently) wouldn't also be concerned that dems might cancel their voting registration online just before election day.

Georgia has automatic voter registration and in 2016, 98% of eligible voters were registered. That was too many people to vote dems, so they are trying to get rid of automatic registration and making it easier to cancel registrations.

I'd also say it's a common sense practice to check your voter registration status months before an election, as I have, and to also check your ballot status to make sure it was counted, as I have done each election as well.

And what if someone cancels your vote now, after you've checked?

They don't even need a password?

I like to use the market as an aggregate of the media coverage in a story like this. Common narrative out there is that it's Shapiro vs Kelly and that's sorta what the betting lines show too, though Walz is hanging around too at decent enough odds. It's just that the other two are a good amount ahead for no reason other than that's the common media narrative. Curious to see how it shapes up. Shapiro and Kelly are the safer picks for sure.

Back