• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

"Though Walters has frequently said he wants Bibles in every classroom, he has also clarified publicly that he wants them in classes where the Bible might apply to academic standards, such as history or literature."
orly?
Oklahoma will require schools to teach the Bible and have a copy in every classroom, the state’s top education official announced Thursday.

Effective immediately, Oklahoma schools are required to incorporate the Bible as part of the curricula in grades five through 12, according to a memo Superintendent of Public Instruction Ryan Walters sent to all school districts.
“Immediate and strict compliance is expected,” the memo noted.

incorporate as part of the curricula + IN EVERY CLASSROOM

There's nothing undemocratic or unconstitutional about writing laws to grant specific regulatory power to experts. The experts serve at the whim of your elected officials, there's nothing undemocratic about it.
And if they don't like how they decide they can write a law

Oklahoma will require schools to teach the Bible and have a copy in every classroom, the state’s top education official announced Thursday.

Effective immediately, Oklahoma schools are required to incorporate the Bible as part of the curricula in grades five through 12, according to a memo Superintendent of Public Instruction Ryan Walters sent to all school districts.
“Immediate and strict compliance is expected,” the memo noted.

Personally, I would like to know how the animals were fed, where the food was kept, and how waste was disposed on Noah's Ark.

The bible is the (word missing) important and impactful philosophical document of all time and thus to include it in classrooms is pertinent.
I must have missed the law that established an official religion or prohibited the free exercise thereof.
See last post. Add every other legitimate and popular world religion as a philosophical book, too, as long as it a large impact on world or American history.

orly?

incorporate as part of the curricula + IN EVERY CLASSROOM
I literally quoted the article your article used.

"Though Walters has frequently said he wants Bibles in every classroom, he has also clarified publicly that he wants them in classes where the Bible might apply to academic standards, such as history or literature."

"clarified"....... the cameras were rolling. "require schools to teach the Bible" or be fired says something completely different. "Make them available" I have no problem with. "require schools to teach the Bible" is a problem... beyond, again, the obvious Trump grift behind it, that along with the pandering to the Christian nazis, shows the true intention, not to encourage the study of a historical piece of literature.

"clarified"....... the cameras were rolling. "require schools to teach the Bible" or be fired says something completely different. "Make them available" I have no problem with. "require schools to teach the Bible" is a problem... beyond, again, the obvious Trump grift behind it, that along with the pandering to the Christian nazis, shows the true intention, not to encourage the study of a historical piece of literature.
Perhaps you're right.

I could see "teach the bible" meaning different things to different people. I'll let you have your anecdote, though.

That has nothing to do with my statement. You can argue and belittle the contents all you want in-between your fart jokes, but you can't denigrate it's world impact.
Except, in know, Afghanistan, North Korea, Somalia, Libya, Yemen, Eritrea, Nigeria, Pakistan, Iran, and the biggie...India.
Your argument of the bible explains your argument of Trump. "Never mind what he says or what is written, it's the concept that I subscribe to..."

I am impressed that you noticed my farting though..

Chili for lunch.

Isn't that a circular argument if literally nothing in the bible is historically factual?
No snake has ever spoken.

Except, in know, Afghanistan, North Korea, Somalia, Libya, Yemen, Eritrea, Nigeria, Pakistan, Iran, and the biggie...India.
Your argument of the bible explains your argument of Trump. "Never mind what he says or what is written, it's the concept that I subscribe to..."

I am impressed that you noticed my farting though..

Chili for lunch.
You are proving it's importance by listing those countries.

But in an America, where The West and its values were developed and refined, it is infinitely pertinent.

I think you need to take a philosophy class or two. They were my favorite courses, tbh. Philosophy is conceptual.

Last edited:
You are proving it's importance by listing those countries.

But in an America, where The West and its values were developed and refined, it is infinitely pertinent.

I think you need to take a philosophy class or two. They were my favorite courses, tbh. Philosophy is explicitly conceptual.
I did take Philosophy in college. Thanks for asking.

You have me convinced that you have a low level of education, which there is nothing wrong with, but I think it could help you develop more logical arguments.
Well, that would be another thing that you do not have any conception of.
You may go now.

Hugs.

View: https://x.com/admcrlsn/status/1844767513722126559

With that maybe big or maybe not caveat, the race is pretty much dead tied now in the swingstates according to the polling averages. The tiniest of advantages still with the dems but just by a hair.

Screenshot_20241011_151322.jpg

What might be weird or might be illuminating is that despite this apparent movement in state polls, the national polls haven't seen any movement at all.

Last edited:
But in an America, where The West and its values were developed and refined

Painfully ignorant.

If you actually believe this, you simply don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Jefferson & Madison basically adopted Locke's philosophies from nose to tail (including his specific defences for the virtues of slavery....). Adams massively impacted by ancient Republicanism, etc, etc. The philosophical underpinnings to your entire judiciary in the federalist papers is largely borrowed from Montesquieu.

Full points to the FF's for kicking the tea drinkers out, but to pretend that they developed the political philosophies they organized around is painfully wrong. To their credit, they were heavily influenced by Englightment thinkers, and built their ideas of the state around it.

You must have missed this podcast though, no worries.

Back