• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

@FlyGuy We are Canadians here. An American holiday is coming up that is different from the Canadian holiday of the same name. Multiple football games are played on that day, and as I understand it, Turkey is served. Can you give us the story/mythology of this holiday as you understand it?

Thanks!

1. The bible is the important and impactful philosophical document of all time and thus to include it in classrooms is pertinent. To understand American history and the greatest government document ever written you must understand the impact of Christianity on the founding documents and founding fathers.
2. Current social causes and movements are not in any way remotely similar to important historical context and documents.
The Torah is an important historical document as well as the Koran. Should they be afforded the same treatment

View: https://x.com/admcrlsn/status/1844767513722126559

With that maybe big or maybe not caveat, the race is pretty much dead tied now in the swingstates according to the polling averages. The tiniest of advantages still with the dems but just by a hair.

View attachment 22300

What might be weird or might be illuminating is that despite this apparent movement in state polls, the national polls haven't seen any movement at all.

The worst part of that top post is calling the Fabrizio associated pollsters, RMG (Rasmussen 2.0), & Hunt Research as not aligned.

"Though Walters has frequently said he wants Bibles in every classroom, he has also clarified publicly that he wants them in classes where the Bible might apply to academic standards, such as history or literature."

Cool, but it's a bad history book and at best a deeply unconventional piece of literature. If it's deemed a work of historical non fiction it lacks any of the rigor and scholarship applied to any other history book. If it's deemed fiction and lumped in with things like Homer's Oddysey, etc...then sure, whatever but even then it's not really a coherent narrative. More of a collection of unsourced essays by authors recounting events that happened dozens to hundreds of years before they were born.

It's influence is obviously impressive but I don't think the idea behind having it "in every classroom" is for it to be taught critically on either side of that.

Also which version of the Bible should be taught?

There's the King James Version (KJV), the New King James Version (NKJV), and the Revised Standard Version (RSV). There's the Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB) and the English Standard Version (ESV) and the New Living Translation (NLT) and the New International Version (NIV).

I think all of them are from different denominations. It is not like anybody has fought a war over which denomination should be taught or be the "official" denomination.

Can't say I'm surprised that a trumpanzee believes the bible is important...after all, it is a tool for mass hypnosis, nothing more than some smart and evil people realizing they had a good thing going, just had to destroy all the religions around it, absorb them when they had good holidays, and continue the time honored tradition of keeping the masses in check.

I would have no concern with a religious studies classes being taught.

Let them explore the history and origins of each and let them slowly start to piece together how they all have similar stories with different characters on their own.
The problem is, they won't do that. They want a Christian bible and Christianity taught exclusively.

No one should care which religion another one believes in, but forcing ones religious beliefs on another is not religious freedom.

Last edited:
Yeah, these are Kristian dominionists. Once they turf the other major religions, they’ll need a new enemy to keep the sheep energized, so they’ll go bananas about Catholics and Eastern Orthodox.

The truly funny thing about the concept of Christian Nationalism is how many supporters of the idea would be shocked to eventually find themselves denounced and persecuted as heretics and apostates, if the United States truly did turn into an authoritarian Christian theocratic state.

From pretty much the moment the religion became a thing, there’s nothing Christians love more than a good violent schism over even the most minute differences of interpretation on biblical theology.

Even the tiny evangelical Christian sect I was raised in had a bitterly acrimonious schism, where the two groups agreed on basically everything except whether women had to wear hats in Church, and whether or not newcomers who hadn’t yet joined the Church had to sit at the back of the room until they did. This disagreement even ripped my extended family apart for a time.

Back