• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Sure, I'd vote Vance over Trump if they were head to head. I think he's more polished. I'm not sure what conservative you're holding as the standard of a better person.
Ah, so you'd vote for the guy who's bought and paid for by Peter Thiel instead of the guy who's bought and paid for by Vladimir Putin.

And "more polished"? Did you see his pathetic attempts at personal interactions with regular people on the campaign trail? I hate the guy and even I felt embarrassed for him.

I've got lots of conservative friends. Some of them do not believe that "white privilege" exists. Many of them are anti-trans. We can respectfully disagree with each other about politics and still have healthy and fulfilling friendships, but then again we seem to live in the same shared reality.

Do you interact with anyone outside your MAGA bubble in real life?
There are more systemic advantages to minorities than whites right now, correct.
We can respectfully disagree with each other about politics and still have healthy and fulfilling friendships, but then again we seem to live in the same shared reality.
You have not displayed that at all ITT since I’ve been coming here. I started off making sure to not come across too antagonistic but the vitriol (idc, btw, have at it) changed that.

I believe the vast majority of people who get irreversible gender surgery and take hormone altering medication are more unhappy in the long run. That is my view. I think nature and natural states are most healthy and harmonious and taking such barbaric measures to a persons natural bodily state is not healthy.
I mean on the one hand, I'm glad you finally came out and said this.

I disagree with you on this, as do I imagine most people here.

And more importantly, transgender people disagree with you too - and on this topic, I think their voice matters a lot more than yours.

what you describe as "not healthy" can quite literally be "life-saving" to a transgender person.

I think the trouble comes from your unwillingness/failure to accept that trans people are real, and not just dealing with mental health issues. I don't expect to be able to change your mind, but if we can at least call a spade a spade and understand exactly what the barrier is, that's something.

ironically, your position on transgender issues directly conflicts with your position on parenting - you want the state to leave you the fuck alone to parent your kid how you want. why won't you let supportive parents of transgender kids do the same?

I mean on the one hand, I'm glad you finally came out and said this.

I disagree with you on this, as do I imagine most people here.

And more importantly, transgender people disagree with you too - and on this topic, I think their voice matters a lot more than yours.

what you describe as "not healthy" can quite literally be "life-saving" to a transgender person.

I think the trouble comes from your unwillingness/failure to accept that trans people are real, and not just dealing with mental health issues. I don't expect to be able to change your mind, but if we can at least call a spade a spade and understand exactly what the barrier is, that's something.

ironically, your position on transgender issues directly conflicts with your position on parenting - you want the state to leave you the fuck alone to parent your kid how you want. why won't you let supportive parents of transgender kids do the same?
The beauty is I can have a view and not enforce it on them as long as they fuck off from trying to influence children.

There are more systemic advantages to minorities than whites right now, correct.

You have not displayed that at all ITT since I’ve been coming here. I started off making sure to not come across too antagonistic but the vitriol (idc, btw, have at it) changed that.
I asked you a direct question, which you once again ignored. Part of a pattern. If you want to be treated more respectfully, maybe try engaging in good faith.

I asked you a direct question, which you once again ignored. Part of a pattern. If you want to be treated more respectfully, maybe try engaging in good faith.
I don’t recall where I said parents shouldn’t be allowed to handle their kids mental issues as they want

Back