• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

It is so far beyond. It’s really really jarring.
It was jarring before. The portrayl of many sanctuary cities has been completely wrong its difficult to believe what is real and fake.

Considering 5th largest world economy, growing GDP GDP and a general want for many to move to Cali I don't see any of it. But onky 2 of those 3 are facts.

It was jarring before. The portrayl of many sanctuary cities has been completely wrong its difficult to believe what is real and fake.

Considering 5th largest world economy, growing GDP GDP and a general want for many to move to Cali I don't see any of it. But onky 2 of those 3 are facts.
No. San Fran has fallen apart and all of La is now what downtown was 5 years ago.

it’s literally zombie land. Jjst countless homeless ppl od’ing on fentanyl.

The gender thing is a complete fucking lie. No teacher has ever wanted to touch that subject or deal with parents.

Can't even teach consent but teachers can talk about gender identity? Fucking clown shoes
I'm in the system and yes the vast majority of teachers don't want any of that smoke. What you do get are pockets of the city that demand alternative schools and they come in informing us of their children's gender. It's like Flanders parents...

I'm in the system and yes the vast majority of teachers don't want any of that smoke. What you do get are pockets of the city that demand alternative schools and they come in informing us of their children's gender. It's like Flanders parents...
So they demand them and people show up for it? Couldn't the same be said about catholic schools?

Not exactly....the board has them in parts of the city that tends to have the need for alternative classrooms. Children are how their parents raised them. And we have a generation that has tried to not do what their parents did, but then they also have no sense of boundaries and parenting skills.

I'd say that after many years of conservatism being left for dead here, there is a quiet - very quiet - wave of it seeming to form. People are just completely fed up over the things I just ranted about and want to see some change.

In a vacuum, I'd always expect the VP to just be the choice to go forward if the Pres can't do it, but I highly, highly doubt they would run with Kamala if they pull Biden out. I'd be shocked beyond shocked. I think she'd basically be a guaranteed loss for the Dems. They would have to go with someone like Newsom, baggage and all, because he has an actual base and would look and play the part for more imo. I'm surrounded by Dems everywhere here, and I can attest to the fact that Kamala is pretty widely disliked. It's not like when Hillary ran against Trump, where she was the annointed one and every Dem was behind her. Kamala is received totally differently (in LA, at least, so I can't speak for outside the city, but I'd guess it's representative, and maybe even more kind to her than if you go outside the city limits).

Oh they'll get their change alright.

They won't even have to worry about voting in 2028.

There are literal homeless camps taking over entire areas that after many months get moved out, but then take over another area. There were full on villages of homeless tents that took over public areas in Westwood and Brentwood a couple of years ago. Venice is completely out of control. It's getting violent now with all sorts of crime being committed by the homeless with mental disease, assaulting people on the streets routinely.

There's crime on a whole new level with home invasions, sometimes armed, reported on a daily basis. They're accosting people in the streets to grab watches and jewelry. They're carjacking left and right. If you call 911, you literally just listen to music forever and then get a voicemail. Even if they pick up, it takes them an hour or two to actually respond to the matter in person. The police force has been dropping like flies because nothing gets enforced, and they won't even prosecute theft under $950. The LA DA is a complete and utter lunatic - people come from out of state to commit crime, and if they get arrested, they're free to go with no bail, and just ditch the city/state and don't look back.

The taxes are through the roof, and they find new things to tax every year, while eliminating deductions for businesses at the same time. The health insurance costs are frightening - each year my plan goes up $100-$150, like it's just on some unlimited tear upwards with no stop in sight. It doesn't even cover anything because more and more doctors are refusing to accept insurance, plus everything goes to the deductible.

The streets are in disrepair. Potholes literally staying in place for years. The streets are filthy - park anywhere near UCLA and you'll see that they haven't cleaned the streets in years - you can't even imagine the state of things in certain areas, and areas that you'd never expect to left in such disrepair. The public schools are mostly trash. The cost to rent something decent is out of range for most, and the cost of buying a house is nuts.

Certain parts of LA are pretty and glitzy, and the weather can't be beat, but there's a reason why you read every day about some actor or other person of means picking up and leaving to live elsewhere. If I didn't have family here, I'd strongly consider leaving too. It's not anything like it was when I first moved here, which is sad because it really was the best place that I've watched gradually turn to shit.
what does wokeness have to do with any of this?

do woke politicians support homeless encampments in public spaces?

do woke politicians support increased crime?

what is the link between wokeness and taxes?

are woke politicians opposed to street repairs?

The calls for Biden to go are seemingly increasing. If I had to bet, I think they force him to drop out.

Truthfully, I thought he was going to die during his term (still has time, I guess). I'm almost positive he's going to be dead or in some form of incapacitated or immobile state within a year or two. And his situation has become glaringly obvious to many now, so I think the heavy hitters in the Dem party are going to find a way to have him step down. Probably not for a bit yet, but I think it's coming soon.
who and how would they force him out? he is the President...

You're saying I'm lying about something that my friends are actually experiencing in real life with their kids' schools?

To be clear, it's not sanctioned or part of the fucking curriculum, but they're doing it.
I'm saying it's hearsay and the truth is likely not as you have depicted

Back