• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Not to mention the tariffs, VAT, etc. fundamental changes to most parts of the economy
They can come back legally and are in fact encouraged to come back legally.

It's interesting thinking about the pros and cons of immigration. Culturally, it can really destroy a countries identity and sense of self and values if unfettered. But it's also what can drive a strong economy with a variety of skillsets and mindsets, if the newcomers truly have different and valuable skills.

I think if you look to Europe you see the massive downside of immigration. Country cultures, values, traditions are getting absolutely demolished. It's sad. No one has a sense of pride in where they come from anymore, because their countries don't have an identity anymore.

In Rome, it was a sense of pride and came with privileges to call oneself a citizen. To be a citizen today does not come remotely close in most places.

Last edited:
They can come back legally and are in fact encouraged to come back legally.

It's interesting thinking about the pros and cons of immigration. Culturally, it can really destroy a countries identity and sense of self and values if unfettered. But it's also what can drive a strong economy with a variety of skillsets and mindsets, if the newcomers truly have different and valuable skills.

I think if you look to Europe you see the massive downside of immigration. Country cultures, values, traditions are getting absolutely demolished. It's sad. No one has a sense of pride in where they come from anymore, because their countries don't have an identity anymore.

In Rome, it was a sense of pride and came with privileges to call oneself a citizen. To be a citizen today does not come remotely close in most places.
Just total horseshit.

Please explain how what is currently happening amounts to an “actual insurrection”

All I see is a major political party discussing the viability of their presumptive nominee’s candidacy.

Looking forward to understanding how that is an “actual insurrection”!
Well they aren't storming the Capitol. Sorry vising like good people trying to access barricaded doors and coming in via Windows like proper guests. Also borrowing laptops without their owners permission and smearing shit on the walls. That's how you know.

Calm legal talking

Please explain how what is currently happening amounts to an “actual insurrection”

All I see is a major political party discussing the viability of their presumptive nominee’s candidacy.

Looking forward to understanding how that is an “actual insurrection”!

you're kind of missing the point. the reason for the remark is more to state that Jan 6 wasn't an "actual insurrection"

you're kind of missing the point. the reason for the remark is more to state that Jan 6 wasn't an "actual insurrection"
Nah I wanna here buddy actually defend his empty talking point, and see if he’s capable of actual critical thinking, rather than just being a parrot.

Please don't listen to anything David Sacks has to say. One of the dumbest people on the entire interwebz, the only thing that could exceed his stupidity is his dishonesty. It's embarrassing.

The people who believe what he says could possibly be exceeding his stupidity.

"political operatives" = democratically elected politicians from the same party as the President deciding whether to support someone else at the upcoming convention and replace the President on the ballot should that person garner more support among the party than the President. Which is of course the system working exactly as designed and intended.

Sounds a lot less insidious when you explain how it all works and who would be doing it.

"political operatives" = democratically elected politicians from the same party as the President deciding whether to support someone else at the upcoming convention and replace the President on the ballot should that person garner more support among the party than the President. Which is of course the system working exactly as designed and intended.

Sounds a lot less insidious when you explain how it all works and who would be doing it.
Occam's Razor applies to so many things, doesn't it? But at the same time, it's boring, so fuck it, what if it was a Deep State (TM) conspiracy instead?!?!?!

View: https://x.com/JakeSherman/status/1810436676591993107

The last minute swap was a bunch of Malarkey.

kzhrUCj.jpeg

He’s leaving…. but, as I mentioned earlier, his image needs to bounce back a bit before he can do so gracefully (instead of forced after a humiliating debate)
Now's the time to bet! He's a huge favorite to stick around now! You'll be rich if correct!

Back