• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Coronavirus Resources - and other things to not worry about

the mask thing was probably a much bigger deal imo

the stupidity of lying to the ppl that masks dont work cost lives

people were paying attention then

now ppl have covid fatigue and just want to know when and where they can book a shot

Hm. Trudeau says Moderna shipment moved up a week. We're getting it tonight and they will be delivered to the provinces by the end of the week. They were not supposed to come till next week. Great news. Means Ontario is getting over 1m doses this week between Moderna and Pfizer. It also may mean Moderna will give us more of that loving at some point this month.

most people are not nerds though

they have no idea what NACI just said
they do not even know there are multiple vaccines

I disagree...almost everyone knows there are multiple vaccines (blood clot vs the other ones)...almost everyone shops around for everything

what they don't know is.... what hell is NACI? but it doesn't matter because while NACI doesn't appear in the headlines....I have seen an avalanche of headlines saying "Wait for the mRNA vaccines...they are the best"

On thing I have learned is that the media is not very adept at reporting anything scientific. Clickbait headlines aren't good for anyone. But the general message of "on an individual level, if you are in a position to, you should wait for an mRNA product" is an accurate one based on the science. This is a message that has been delivered elsewhere, sometimes at the detriment of public health.

But then the problem is knowing who is in a position to wait. How does one know? It's complex and requires a lot more data and information than you will see in any story from the media or even in a tweet. The average person (including myself, and I work extensively with complex data on a daily basis for my day job) just isn't equipped to process it. Sometimes things aren't as simple as we'd like them to be and I don't know how to fix it. It's not something you can really dumb down.

Reactions: CH1
Heh. And right on cue, JT tells everyone to get the first vaccine offered. Health Canada approved them all for everyone, they're all safe, etc.

I get it. I know that his motive is public health and ensuring as many people get vaccinated as quickly as possible. But man it adds to the mixed messages/confusion for sure.

88,000 yesterday I think the day before was 53,000. That was basically everything we had though. With J&J paused there was always going to be a lull in supply. We just now received most of the Pfizer from the US and they'll be sent to the provinces probably by tomorrow.

And then more moderna later this week.

88,000 yesterday I think the day before was 53,000. That was basically everything we had though. With J&J paused there was always going to be a lull in supply. We just now received most of the Pfizer from the US and they'll be sent to the provinces probably by tomorrow.

And then more moderna later this week.

Yeah, this has been the first time in a while that the overall stockpile of doses in the fridge has gotten down to only a couple days leeway. But once this new pfizer shipment is in, and if the Moderna doses are coming early, things should be going gangbusters the rest of this week.

I disagree...almost everyone knows there are multiple vaccines (blood clot vs the other ones)...almost everyone shops around for everything

what they don't know is.... what hell is NACI? but it doesn't matter because while NACI doesn't appear in the headlines....I have seen an avalanche of headlines saying "Wait for the mRNA vaccines...they are the best"
anecdotally i disagree

i was the one telling people that they are not "all the same"

opposite here; everyone I know is painfully aware of the differences between Zeneca (blood clots) and the new mRNA ones.

yeah my anecdotal experience = CH1's.

but then again, the circle of people I interact with currently is quite limited and slants heavily towards those with unnecessary amounts of higher education.

opposite here; everyone I know is painfully aware of the differences between Zeneca (blood clots) and the new mRNA ones.
with my close friends....sure but we are nerds like you

with random co workers and such - not so much

The media is hopeless with anything complex. And because they are instinctively “even handed”, unhinged nutbags and idiots get too much air time and credibility.

E0k2dFdWUBQCLv8

Kenney goes on TV for the second time during the pandemic to announce... Patios are closed. Basically.

Back