• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

That A&W menu looks like one from an airport or roadside gas-stop where they have a condensed menu from recognizable brands. In Canada I would compare it to the Pizza Hut/KFC combo you see in some small Ontario towns. Take-out only, and the pizzas may or may not be pre-made and cooked from frozen.
The quality was gas-stop quality as well.

Well, Boba Fett did actually make an appearance in this week’s episode of his own show, albeit for about 10 seconds.

Aside from that, it was basically The Mandalorian season 3, episode 2.

Good episode though, and building up to what’ll hopefully be a big finish.

Well, Boba Fett did actually make an appearance in this week’s episode of his own show, albeit for about 10 seconds.

Disney cracked the code!

More Mando

Yeah, these last 2 Mando episodes have been nice. Although I thought that boba was only going to be 6 episodes, so didn't feel like they would wrap the story in this one. Still feels like it will be tough to put it all together next week in the finale.

Would someone who's never really given a crap about Star Wars find these two shows interesting, or need to have watched every nerdy star wars property to understand them?

Would someone who's never really given a crap about Star Wars find these two shows interesting, or need to have watched every nerdy star wars property to understand them?

My dad was a big fan of Mando. He's seen the movies, but certainly hasn't gone to any of the extended universe stuff or anything like that.

The Mandalorian is laser-focused on telling its own story, there are nods here and there to the Star Wars nerds and knowing more is always better, but you should be able to enjoy the show just fine without caring that much about the movies.

If you’re going to try anything, I’d say try The Mandalorian.

It’s really the first Star Wars property that stepped a fair bit away from the characters & main storyline in the movies and into the wider Star Wars universe, so I think it’d still work as a standalone for someone who isn’t a big Star Wars geek.

And it’s just flat-out good. I did grow up a Star Wars geek, but had completely lost interest in the franchise after all the shitty movies since the originals. This show got me back into Star Wars.

I never watched the originals until the prequels came out, then thought the originals were pretty terrible, kinda liked the first prequel but never became a fanboy and then saw all interest vanish on the third prequel. I saw the first sequel, I think, but that's about it. Way too lame and boring.

The Mando trailers look kinda cool though, hence my asking.

It’s like halfway through they realized… not so good and pivoted.

It’s like halfway through they realized… not so good and pivoted.

It's just a little weird to have a series supposedly focused on a character literally not appear in one of the episodes of the series. My guess is that as they were plotting the Mando storylines, they wanted this side plot, but then if you're gonna do this, it probably doesn't hurt to have a couple episodes of Boba Fett backstory. But they didn't really have enough to have a full Fett series, so it kind of ended up being this like 50/50 mix.

The series was fine before, but yeah, it was just kind of going into another "crime boss turf battle" series, but with aliens. I assume it will end up being just a one-off series, unless if they can find another storyline to make Boba S2 = Mando S3.5

Back