• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

Murderville sounded funny so I checked it out. First 2 episodes were terrible and not funny. Then right at the end of episode 2 I freaking laughed ay ass off at one scene. Now I will try the rest. What's interesting is there's one celebrity guest star in each episode. I saw Conan O'Brien was in #1, then Marshawn Lynch in #2. I figured Conan will be funny, Lynch episode brutal. It was kind of the opposite. Conan was a bust and Lynch was funnier.
Watching it right now. It's not great... some laughs. The mysteries have been easy to solve so far.

Got a good laugh at the Annie Murphy episode. The scene where she's meeting with the mobsters and repeating what Will is telling her to say.

Hot Take

the only good thing Will Arnett has done is Arrested Development.

He kinda sucks
Pc7Ais6.gif

I watched the Conan episode just now and am happy to report that if you’re a fan of Arnett and Conan, you’ll find this entertaining. Not a classic or anything but still pretty fun to see them interacting.

Such a great premise. So silly.

the Conan one was great. Hot sauce. David wains magic.

“I’m only here so I don’t get fined” was an interesting choice though. It’s really dependent on the guest.

Such a great premise. So silly.

the Conan one was great. Hot sauce. David wains magic.

“I’m only here so I don’t get fined” was an interesting choice though. It’s really dependent on the guest.
That’s the thing, it’s not to be taken seriously. It’s like going to the improv. You have to like seeing them kid around with each other and enjoy the moments they break character and start laughing.

I liked Conan’s a lot better than his, but I love Conan so maybe that’s why. I’m looking forward to Annie’s episode because the clips from next time look legit hilarious.

Murderville was fine to me but the enjoyment is very much dictated by the enjoyment in the guest star. Kumail Nanjiani and Annie Murphy were best efforts. Sharon Stone the worst

Just watched episode 1 with Conan. The concept is pretty great, I just wish they took the actual "murder" a little more seriously. Interesting idea to see celebs and even regular people try to solve a realistic murder mystery.

Very funny though, i laughed out loud a few times. Will definitely watch the other episodes.

Back