• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

The recurring hot sauce gimmick was hilarious.

The way that Arnett sort of pranks the guest star in-episode is funny. He did it with Annie during the cooking scene. With Ken during the chalk outline scene. With Kumail with the walk like this stuff.

I also think a show like this that is so novel is hard to pull off well. That S1 was entertaining is a good sign because I think the producers and the subsequent guests will better know how to approach this going into next season.

If you found the Reacher movies enjoyable the Series IMO is a hair better than that. Nothing groundbreaking, but entirely watchable.

and since the fans complained about noted leprechaun Tom Cruise playing the imposing Reacher of the books, the guy who plays him now is basically a giant John Cena lookalike.

and since the fans complained about noted leprechaun Tom Cruise playing the imposing Reacher of the books, the guy who plays him now is basically a giant John Cena lookalike.
He is decidedly better than Cruise, and has way more personality than his brick shithouse look would indicate.

In fact the three lead charactors, are quite well done, the story, is okay, but IMO fizzles.

And the less said about Bruce McGill doing a Colonol Sanders impression the better.

Overall though, a perfectly good time waste, that will outdeliver expectations

He is decidedly better than Cruise, and has way more personality than his brick shithouse look would indicate.

In fact the three lead charactors, are quite well done, the story, is okay, but IMO fizzles.

And the less said about Bruce McGill doing a Colonol Sanders impression the better.

Overall though, a perfectly good time waste, that will outdeliver expectations
I agree. It is a great time waster with some very satisfying beat em down scenes that harken back to some of the old Steven Seagal beat downs of old!

I watched it because some scenes were filmed right near my house, but yeah, that guy playing Reacher is great. Felt rather routine though in terms of story.

Turns out that Dave Chappelle, now that he has money and is living in a remote, all-white enclave in Ohio, has become a NIMBY about affordable housing. Not a good look for him, considering the 2021 he just had.

Fraggle Rock

took me weeks to find this again. but i think i'm the only 70s italian lounge afficianado that has sussed out where Henson stole his theme song from:

and there are many other links between henson and 70s italian music, including him borrowing this one for the muppets:

Back