• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

Can you watch and enjoy Reacher without having seen the movies?

Is it meant to be a continuation or prequel? Or more of a reboot?

Last episode of Witcher was more entertaining, but most nonsensical. No idea how they pushed the demon out and restored the other one’s magic (and just ignored her pretty successful looking suicide attempt). Very convenient way to end the season. D-

I read em all too.
I liked tale of the body snatcher, thought that would make a great movie but then a queen of the damned movie came out and it sucked so I was like... Naw

I read em all too.
I liked tale of the body snatcher, thought that would make a great movie but then a queen of the damned movie came out and it sucked so I was like... Naw
Queen of the damned was eye bleedingly bad. I thoroughly enjoyed Tale of the Body Thief and decided I was not going to watch any of the motion pictures again. First the Tom Cruise debauchery and then QOD being such a gong show. Maybe someone can do them
Justice in a series. It seems to be the best way to bring these stories to life appropriately

Right. Thief
I knew what you meant. I read them twenty plus years ago but they hold a place in my heart. She was such a gifted character builder. My favorite authors bring their characters to life in such a way that they feel like they’ve been part of your life forever. Diana Gabaldon is the same. Incredible wordsmith and life bringer.

I feel like we have discussed this before, I assume you guys have see the movie? I loved those books too. Interview With the Vampire turned out to be a great adaptation and Tom Cruise crushed it as Lestat. Even Anne Rice agreed, she was horrified initially at the casting but later publicly apologized to Cruise by taking out ads in several newspapers.

In her missive, Rice now likens Cruise, star of such hits as "Risky Business" and "Top Gun," to matinee idols such as Errol Flynn and Rudolph Valentino.

"I'm no good at modesty," she wrote. "I like to believe Tom's Lestat will be remembered the way Olivier's Hamlet is remembered. Others may play the role some day but no one will ever forget Tom's version of it."

She also praises Pitt, Spanish actor Antonio Banderas and Kirsten Dunst, who plays a child vampire.

Rice said she would like Cruise to reprise the role of Lestat in a sequel.

"I hope I get to write the script for the (sequel). Tom's power, knowledge, skill, magnetism and artisitic integrity are part and parcel of the success of `IWTV' and there is no doubt that Tom would bring power and magic to `The Vampire Lestat.' "

I knew what you meant. I read them twenty plus years ago but they hold a place in my heart. She was such a gifted character builder. My favorite authors bring their characters to life in such a way that they feel like they’ve been part of your life forever. Diana Gabaldon is the same. Incredible wordsmith and life bringer.
Yeah I read them on the 90s/ early 2000

I feel like we have discussed this before, I assume you guys have see the movie? I loved those books too. Interview With the Vampire turned out to be a great adaptation and Tom Cruise crushed it as Lestat. Even Anne Rice agreed, she was horrified initially at the casting but later publicly apologized to Cruise by taking out ads in several newspapers.

In her missive, Rice now likens Cruise, star of such hits as "Risky Business" and "Top Gun," to matinee idols such as Errol Flynn and Rudolph Valentino.

"I'm no good at modesty," she wrote. "I like to believe Tom's Lestat will be remembered the way Olivier's Hamlet is remembered. Others may play the role some day but no one will ever forget Tom's version of it."

She also praises Pitt, Spanish actor Antonio Banderas and Kirsten Dunst, who plays a child vampire.

Rice said she would like Cruise to reprise the role of Lestat in a sequel.

"I hope I get to write the script for the (sequel). Tom's power, knowledge, skill, magnetism and artisitic integrity are part and parcel of the success of `IWTV' and there is no doubt that Tom would bring power and magic to `The Vampire Lestat.' "
With all due respect.

She was paid off.

Back