• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

godfather-broke-my-heart.gif

Um, no. With all due respect, Lestat is probably my favourite character ever, and Tom Cruise was awesome in that role.
6'4" aristocrat with flowing golden hair with a more Aryan look than French.

Yeah that describes cruise.

I'm also a fan dude and this fan was not impressed in the least. Hell Pitt fit the mould better and I still wouldn't have been happy with him.

Glad you enjoyed him, I did not.

6'4" aristocrat with flowing golden hair with a more Aryan look than French.

Yeah that describes cruise.

I'm also a fan dude and this fan was not impressed in the least. Hell Pitt fit the mould better and I still wouldn't have been happy with him.

Glad you enjoyed him, I did not.
She had Rutger Hauer in mind when writing the character, but so what? Height is kind of irrelevant in film, they can hide it pretty well. And despite all the weirdness, Cruise is a great actor.

I know a couple of people who love the movie and a couple that hated it, so it was kind of polarizing for whatever reason.

But Anne Rice absolutely loved his performance,that is not in dispute.

She had Rutger Hauer in mind when writing the character, but so what? Height is kind of irrelevant in film, they can hide it pretty well. And despite all the weirdness, Cruise is a great actor.

I know a couple of people who love the movie and a couple that hated it, so it was kind of polarizing for whatever reason.

I am pretty sure it was published that way as the enormous clamoring and lash back from her diehard book fans were running the chance of diminishing the box office returns.

Yeah and look what happened. She's dead.

I will add that Lestat was also "rugged" looking. The only thing rugged about Cruise is his choice in religions.

Her vampires were always meant to be beautiful and irresistable to humans. Every human who was turned became much more attractive.

Cruise pulled it off just fine.

N6dTDUu.gif

DJr5shI.gif

This is a typical fan art look for Lestat.

r16Ejcb.png

So rugged...

WbQlHo1.jpg

The new Texas Chainsaw Massacre on Netflix is so bad. I was hoping for a cheesy, fun time. They force-in messages about the confederate flag, racism, school shooting in between everyone being cut-up by Leatherface. They even dig-up an old character and shit all over it.

Writers often vision actors as their characters who will not have the power to get cast as a lead in a film.
It's funny because at the time, Cruise was in his white hot period, in his prime, and wanted to do the film, so of course they were gonna give it to him. She could've threatened to off herself or release some bio-weapon into the world and they weren't going to sway. The power of having an A list star on a studio project is pretty much never turned down. Unless it's a franchise and they don't need them, like Bond, Avengers, etc.

Back