• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

On the bright side for chris, this is a hilarious 20 minutes of his next 60 minute Netflix special gift wrapped and dropped in his lap.

It’s hard to make the same person laugh and violently angry with one joke — if I’m Chris I put this rare feather in my cap. Will’s probably spending the whole day talking to hired spin doctors

Not harmless. Jada has Alopecia. It’s an autoimmune disease. Her hair can fall out in clumps or become patchy. Hence her hairstyle. She’s been vocal about it. So it was a tasteless joke about a medical condition.

IT's only a thin line in the middle of her head (ear to ear) that she was losing. She had the rest of her hair. She chose to shave it all off and look like GI Jane.

Bald men get made fun of all the time. Do they go around slapping people? MPB is a medical condition too.

IT's only a thin line in the middle of her head (ear to ear) that she was losing. She had the rest of her hair. She chose to shave it all off and look like GI Jane.

Bald men get made fun of all the time. Do they go around slapping people? MPB is a medical condition too.
Well clearly it’s the same thing then. 🙄

Wasn't the first tasteless joke made at the Oscars, won't be the last. Except now that assault has been normalized (with no repercussions?) future hosts better choose their material carefully, which will make the whole thing even more unwatchable.
It might be the last. We should just cancel comedy entirely just in case anybody is ever offended by a joke. Which is every second one.

If Will Smith ever did a comedy roast, the comics would need to wear bulletproof vests.

Last edited:
I do like how the academy did nothing. Let him just go back to his seat. Kept showing him on camera. Let him take the stage for an acceptance speech.

When is the Oprah interview and anger management therapy?
I mean there was no penalty box to put him in because people generally don't get into fist fights at the fucking Oscars

I mean Smith is clearly off his rocker, but do people want him arrested for a slap or something?

Chris Rock barely flinched. thats not even a penalty.

The important thing here is that we all must choose teams and be aggressive and unwavering in our positions. We shouldn't sit back and laugh about the ridiculousness of this at all. That would be a horrible mistake.
But really, aren't we all sitting back and laughing about the ridiculousness of it all?

In that breakdown, there was a moment where Chris mutters that he'll stop but he could go there if he wanted. He showed a tremendous amount of restraint.

My alter ego would have said.. "Oh I'll keep your wife's name out of my mouth when your wife can keep your kids friends dick out of hers" and just ran.

And people praising Denzel for his comments are equally as ridiculous. Calling a comedian "the devil" trying to take him down. There's a reason why that is basically a lyric from Kanye's Jesus Walks.

These artists only surround themselves with people that love them, say that everything they do is great, and the first person that doesn't has an agenda to take them down.

My brother is a musician (low level I know) but he has always had difficulties with friends..... because they are your friends when they agree with you and are yes men... but need to be dropped once they challenge you.

I think you are underestimating the importance of this event. Will Smith ended the war in ukraine and covid. Now we must establish the definitive list of diseases and hair styles that can be made fun of.

Back