• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The M-Fing Food Thread

I had maybe one of the best pastas of my life a couple of weeks ago. The eggplant fusili on this menu, I was devouring it it was so good. This place is one of the trendiest, busiest Italian spots in the city.



This actually looks legit. With plenty of Sicilian.

I'm proud of you.
 
I can't put into words how good it was. It was something where as soon as I was done, I considered ordering another one. Off the charts.

You basically see the finished product start to form around the 4 minute mark in there.

Just realized you quoted the menu and probably haven't gotten to the video yet...

Actually 5:30 mark is where you really start to see it in the form they serve.
 
Yeah I think I'm going to buy a smaller cheaper non stick with the notion that I'll have to replace it yearly. I've bought more expensive and cheaper non sticks and there doesn't seem to be a big enough difference between the two to justify the expensive pan. Also going to give my cast iron a real proper seasoning which should lead to me using it more than I am currently.
we are slowly purging all our non-stick items. pans are now all cast iron, although I'd like to add a ceramic one to the mix.

I find with the seasoning, just requires some diligence to keep it maintained once you build it up. and for someone kinda OCD like me it's a fun little exercise
 
Canadian Tire regularly runs sales that are like 75-80% off. Fools the boomers quite well. Their regular prices are simply ridiculously bloated.

CT is hilarious. They should play a laugh track when someone (a) pays full price or (b) boasts they’re getting a deal.
 
They're the most aggressive I've seen with it I think tho. Certain items are "75% off" nearly half the time. It's not a sale if you're regularly tacking off 75%.
 
They're the most aggressive I've seen with it I think tho. Certain items are "75% off" nearly half the time. It's not a sale if you're regularly tacking off 75%.
As someone who calls it “Crappy Tire” (i.e. I am no fan of theirs) I have to say this is an exaggeration.

And where does one obtain a paderno wok for under $50?
 
As someone who calls it “Crappy Tire” (i.e. I am no fan of theirs) I have to say this is an exaggeration.
Disagree. The nonsticks, for example, are regularly 75% off. Many other kitchen items are too. Of course it depends what product it is what what the brand is (i.e. You won't see those sales from lodge and maybe Paderno products too) but as someone who is cheap and looks at flyers regularly, 75% off is a regular sale there for many items. I mean, fuck, a lot of their cheapo nonstick pans are well north of $100 regularly. Who's paying by over $100 for nonsticks? And especially those no name brands!
 
Back
Top