• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The M-Fing Food Thread

I had maybe one of the best pastas of my life a couple of weeks ago. The eggplant fusili on this menu, I was devouring it it was so good. This place is one of the trendiest, busiest Italian spots in the city.

 
Hilarious. I tried searching for a picture someone maybe posted and instead found a video of the chef preparing it! Enjoy.

 
So my All Clads that I bought 18 months ago have been hella disappointing. Can't believe how useless the non stick coating was. Bought a stock pot from Amazon that is way nicer and less than half the price.
 
we needed a new wok.

I went online, Canadian Tire had a great sale, $200 cast iron Paderno wok on sale for $50. fantastic. order it online. boom. Mrs. Wayward approved (I sent her the product page and she gave it the green light)

then, I go to pick up the wok. it's not really cast iron and turns out it has some sort of non-stick coating. Mrs. Wayward specifically did not want anything with a non-stick coating. ooops. so today I returned it (my responsibility as the Crappy T is right next to my office). part of me wanted to try to sell it for like $100 on Facebook or Kijiji but honestly just couldn't be bothered.

anyhow, turns out Lodge makes a cast iron wok, imagine we will get that now instead.
 
Yeah I think I'm going to buy a smaller cheaper non stick with the notion that I'll have to replace it yearly. I've bought more expensive and cheaper non sticks and there doesn't seem to be a big enough difference between the two to justify the expensive pan. Also going to give my cast iron a real proper seasoning which should lead to me using it more than I am currently.
 
Back
Top