• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

Anyone think Masai secretly wants us to tank in this upcoming season. Next draft is said to be deep. With the likes of Cooper Flagg, Dylan Harper, Ace Bailey and the Russian who i am eager to see how he does in NCAA Egor Demin

No

Here's this year's rotation from the 4th worst time in basketball, with last year's BPM

C - Mark Williams (+0.8)
PF - Grant Williams (-1.5)
SF - Brandon Miller (-2.6)
SG - Ball (+3.3)
PG - Mann (-1.3)

6 - Nick Richards (-2.3)
7 - Martin (-3.5)
8 - Green (-2.3)
9 - Micic (-4.6)
10 - Jackson (-4.4)

Raptors:

C - Jake (+0.7)
PF - Scottie (+3.7)
SF - RJ (+0.1)
SG - Brown (-3.3)
PG - IQ (+0.6)

6 - Kelly (+0.7)
7 - Vezenkov (-0.9)
8 - Gradey (-5.4)
9 - Davion (-3.4)
10 - Boucher (-1.7)
11 - Ochai (-6.5)

Even assuming Bruce Brown repeats the worst season of his career....by a whole, whole lot, our starters + top of the bench are just good and professional compared to a tank team.

Without some stuff going good (Bruce bounce back, Davion 2nd half is real Davion, 2nd half Gradey + improvement, etc) we're not good or particularly close to good but it's way better than the perpetual tank nation teams.

No. He knows what his situation is. His agents knows what his situation is. They're pulling the one lever they can to get things like playing time guarantees out of the Raptors. The Kings promised him a bunch of shit to get him over and then pulled the rug more or less immediately once he signed. Once bitten, twice shy and all of that.

A 0 dollar buy out is a possibility if he's that upset of course, but we can pretty safely promise him 22-25 minutes a night at minimum in the 1st half. His 13.3 million possible over the next 2 years of his deal (assuming we pick up his option) is 700K less than the rumoured deal with Olympiakos that is available to him, but that's over 4 yrs, not 2. This isn't a guy who has made a ton of money in his career. He didn't crack 1 million Euros until the year before he left for the NBA. I know it's not all about money for the guy, but he's 29 at the start of the season with 13.3 million dollars waiting for him over the next 2 years after career earnings of around 10 million so far over the first 10 years of his pro career. Take the bag, get an opportunity to carve out a real NBA role and re visit next summer when there's no downside for the Raptors to let you walk if you really want to go.

Have a good season and I don't know why you would walk though. Have a good year and you can start hammering out 1+1 extensions at 8-10 million each or more, no fucking problem and then go back to Greece in 4-5 years after having made 40-50 million in the NBA.

This isn't a Raptors centric issue. He would be doing the same thing with any team he was traded to. The Kings kind of fucked him and he's just unhappy with his NBA experience so far.

Last edited:
Round Up:

- Sounds like Sacramento is finalizing a sign and trade for Demar. Sounds like it would have to be a 3 team trade for the money to balance.
- Apparently the Lakers and Spurs have kicked tires on Trae Young but don't like the price and are out
- Lauri Markannen to the Warriors is probably happening. Sounds like the Warriors have a good offer on the table for him and Ainge is committed to a full rebuild and doesn't want to commit a max deal to Markannen. He's expiring at the end of this year so the price tag probably isn't as steep as we'd expect. Probably similar to the Dejounte package.
- Bucks are open to trading Lopez, but they're asking a 1st and he's 36 with 23 millie this year guaranteed. Unlikely.
- Looks like no one is interested in Rudy Gay and it's probably forced retirement for him. Womp womp. Never forget that trading his punk ass was the spark that created the we the north era and he finished his career with a total of 19 playoff games played. One of the most selfish pricks and wastes of talent I've seen hit the league in my life.

Round Up:

- Sounds like Sacramento is finalizing a sign and trade for Demar. Sounds like it would have to be a 3 team trade for the money to balance.
- Apparently the Lakers and Spurs have kicked tires on Trae Young but don't like the price and are out
- Lauri Markannen to the Warriors is probably happening. Sounds like the Warriors have a good offer on the table for him and Ainge is committed to a full rebuild and doesn't want to commit a max deal to Markannen. He's expiring at the end of this year so the price tag probably isn't as steep as we'd expect. Probably similar to the Dejounte package.
- Bucks are open to trading Lopez, but they're asking a 1st and he's 36 with 23 millie this year guaranteed. Unlikely.
- Looks like no one is interested in Rudy Gay and it's probably forced retirement for him. Womp womp. Never forget that trading his punk ass was the spark that created the we the north era and he finished his career with a total of 19 playoff games played. One of the most selfish pricks and wastes of talent I've seen hit the league in my life.
Cant the Raps be the third team for money to balance out

Back