• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

If Choo was a real CF, would be great to sign him and deal Rasmus for a pitching arm. Of course, he's not, so that would be a huge defensive downgrade from Choo to Rasmus.

If the Jays could get anything for Lind, signing Choo, and then letting Bats, Choo, and Melky play RF, LF, DH would be a solid addition.

The Jays are still quietly interested in Cubs' starter Jeff Samardzija, but are not willing to surrender either of their young stud pitchers, Aaron Sanchez or Marcus Stroman, both of whom impressed scouts in the Arizona Fall League. The Cubs need some serious help in the bullpen and the Jays are loaded in that area. There are also some major-league position players the Jays would be willing to move in any expanded deal with the Cubs. Anthopoulos prefers to add parts, even a third team with a better fit in certain areas, as discussions move along.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/blue_...aits_for_market_to_come_to_him__griffin_.html

I'd even probably be willing to give up one of those guys for him, but if we can get him without giving up those guys, then I'd be pretty damn happy.

and then sign Tanaka on top of that and suddenly we're awesome.

Sure hope we have another bat lined up if that is true.

Anthony Gose hasn't proven much.

With Izzy/Goins and our catcher position, plus Melky, that could be four spots in the lineup that are below average.

Would be nice to keep Stroman and Sanchez. With Drabek and Hutchenson healthy there could actually be some depth when everyone gets hurt.

Just listen to Bob Elliott on Bob McCowen, I feel dumber for listening to him. Never anything useful, just a bunch of rambling.

They ask him questions and his response is maybe, I dunno.

Time for him to retire.

there is some sense to selling high on Colby.

if you can get a quality arm for him, i think you have to do it.

especially since you get an upgrade in the field with gose.

no problem keeping rasmus around, but with the year he just had you might be able to pull in a real nice piece.

and, given the jays pitching woes, a quality arm plus an upgrade at the most important defensive position on the field might be more helpful than an extra 25 hr bat.

If you deal Rasmus you have to sign an OF bat that can hit to platoon with Gose.

Franklin Guttierez also intrigues me, but he's so damn fragile.

As far as teams who could use Colby...Cincy has been rumored to move a SP, and need a Choo replacement.

If you deal Rasmus you have to sign an OF bat that can hit to platoon with Gose.

Franklin Guttierez also intrigues me, but he's so damn fragile.

As far as teams who could use Colby...Cincy has been rumored to move a SP, and need a Choo replacement.

Homer Bailey for Colby

Back