• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

Bob Nightengale @BNightengale
One GM says he was told in talks that Shin-Soo Choo would cost $140 million over 7 years.

Baseball is going to the route of basketball in that fewer and fewer fans are going to start to care because there are only a few markets that can legitimately be competitive under the salary structure.

I just hope our new GM is more forthcoming with what he's really allowed to do. I know that's not the way it works in sports, but AA is just a tad over the top when it comes to spin.

Baseball is going to the route of basketball in that fewer and fewer fans are going to start to care because there are only a few markets that can legitimately be competitive under the salary structure.

I hear yah, but oddly enough baseball continues to be one of the more competitive sports, esp. Considering how few teams make the playoffs. Us as Jays fans got a serious short straw compared to nearly every other team.

Now making and winning the WS is where the elite franchises dominate.

Baseball has a 25 man roster....the NBA, 12, and you only really need to pay 4....so i wouldn't quite compare the 2.

Drafting and development is still more important in MLB than any other sport.

Ken Rosenthal
Sources: #BlueJays have looked into #Rays' Price, #Cubs' Samardzija. Consider prices to be too high. Asked often about Sanchez, Stroman.

Back