• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

Roy clearly doesn't think he can be the same pitcher he was before his injury last year. I respect him for getting out of the game with his legacy intact instead lingering for a number of years as a sub par pitcher.

I love stuff like this.
With all the money involved now, steroids, teams loading up for a run and then dumping everybody, A-holes like A-rod...there is still room for good people to do good things.

Will miss Doc so much. He was a genuinely good person in addition to being a Hall of Fame arm. With so many individualistic athletes who are only concerned about their fame and the next pay cheque permeating professional sports these days it's heartening to see such a classy person like Halladay in the game.

Baseball has lost one of its true gentlemen and I look forward to seeing him in Cooperstown with a Jays hat in a few years.

Its too bad Doc didn't have another year on his deal when we moved him. Bautista broke out the next season and they went 85-77. Had Doc been around he might have stayed, and who knows.

Richard Griffin @RGriffinStar
Anthopoulos seems likely to submit max posting bid on Tanaka if suggested changes go through. Compared new system to reg. free agency #jays

Richard Griffin ‏@RGriffinStar 1m
AA admitted has agreement with several agents to make sure they get back to him before client signs. Said may not go into Jan.

Mike Wilner ‏@Wilnerness590 46s
So @jonmorosi and @Ken_Rosenthal report #Bluejays had a 3way deal with #rangers & someone involving Santos. Other player failed physical.

I'm going to guess that he tried to add Lewis from the Rangers, and he's not healthy yet.

Buddy of mine had a few interesting tweets today. He's currently attending the Winter Meetings for his blog and doing live updates:

Scott Hopkins ‏@ScottHopkins3 1h
Asking price for Lind from #pirates was Neil Walker.
Apparently talks have all but ended. #MLBWinterMeetings

Back