• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

but making fun is only fun when its funny.

You don't see any humor in the Jays giving a minor league deal to the last SP FA they gave a major league deal to all the way back in 2007?

Nor any humor that it's possible if not likely that this minor league deal is more likely to pan out than the one on 2007?

"team X invited obscure vet Y to training camp - that's the move we've all been waiting for!"

no, not a funny line of humour.

Good little move:

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/12/angels-acquire-brian-moran.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

The Angels have acquired left-handed reliever Brian Moran from the Blue Jays in exchange for an international bonus slot, according to Bill Shaikin of the L.A. Times. The Blue Jays had selected Moran from the Mariners in this morning's Rule 5 Draft (Twitter links). Jeff Fletcer of the Orange County Register reports that the Blue Jays will pick up $244K of international money in the deal (on Twitter).

@jonmorosi: Russell Wilson was at work watching film on the Giants when his agent called with news of the Rangers pick -- at 6:15 am Seattle time.

@GloBlair
Jays source tells me Royals-Jays have talked re. Billy Butler/prospects. Gibbons/Seitzer connection with KC makes sense.

not sure I see the fit, to be honest.

unless they're flipping EE for Price.

Im guessing it's the put EE at 1B notion and flip Lind

AA has also said he is focused on 3 SP targets, but would consider opening the door again on the 4th ( i assume Price)

Well I've read AA would put a bid in on Tanaka if he was posted under the new system.

That means nothing.

Everyone should put in a bid just to appear to be interested in Tanaka.

At the end of the day though this system still favors deep pockets, and moreover the player himself. If Tanaka is not interested in Toronto he will have many other teams who bid

Back