• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

Ohka hasn't pitched in the majors since 2009.

He's just a minor league filler. He's gotta be 8th or 9th on the emergency starter list.

All in all a disappointing showing by the Jays at the winter meeting. I'm starting to question what exactly is the plan for this team. As of right now we're just a high priced non-playoff team.

nothing ever wrong with taking a shot on a guy like this. maybe the pitch works and he can fool people for a year or two.

the worst case scenario is he gets a few starts in aa and they cut him loose in may.

above and beyond that, if this team were contending those 3-4 good starts they got out of wang and ruiz while the staff was battling injuries would have been enormous for this team, and bought them time to make trades (which the team would have made if they were in the race). it's silly to underestimate the value of depth here.

but beyond that, this signing really isn't even worth talking about.

Jays talked to Royals about Billy Butler

and per Bob Elliott, the Cubs want Sanchez, Stroman, and a 3rd piece for Jeff Samardzija....which could be the most absurd thing i've ever heard.

butler would be a great addition

I think so too...it sucks that he can't play 1B and it forces EE into that role without a partner, but Butler is an OBP freak...north of 360 for past 4 years, and moving out of that KC ball park and into the dome should skyrocket his slugging. I bet you see a 900+ OPS stick if he comes here

That's far too much for a guy with a short track record like Smardy.

It's beyond absurd.

I really think you won't see deals completed until the Tanaka situation is somewhat resolved, and teams figure out if they have a shot at him

His could/should be atop of every team's board who needs a SP.

Saw an interesting factoid.....there are more former 1st overall MLB draft picks in jail, than there is in the Hall of Fame.

Jail: 2

Hall of Fame: 0

Apparently Halladay held some sort of tryout with the Jays to see if he could still pitch and would have with the Jays if he could.

He decided to shut it down when he was only topping out at 85mph in his session.

That's actually not a bad idea....take a year off, a year away from testing, get jacked up on some proper HGH, and "vitamins" and come back in a year.

Back