• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

Stroman had a very good year this year, that is arguably the same if not better than what Sjamardzia did at the same age in AA.

Of course Stroman is 5'9 and has a delivery that might not be able to hold up as a starter long term and he could end up in the pen.

I'd rather get Lee regardless though.

Stroman had a very good year this year, that is arguably the same if not better than what Sjamardzia did at the same age in AA.

Of course Stroman is 5'9 and has a delivery that might not be able to hold up as a starter long term and he could end up in the pen.

I don't really think Lee/Hamels are available

Otherwise i'd agree 100%

lofty expectations.

Not really. Stroman has studly peripherals and the type of stuff and command that should translate to the MLB.

Do I think Stroman will put up a mid 3's FIP and a 9+ K/9. No, but a sub 4.00 FIP and 7-8+ K/9 isn't out of the question. He's got dominant stuff.

Frankly, if he was 6'4 instead of 5'9, with his stuff and performance, he'd be considered a top 5 pitching prospect in baseball.

At 22, Samardizjia spent most of the season at high A where he had a palrty 3.77 K/9. He made 6 starts at AA (same level Stroman was at) and he was better at 5.24

But Samar wasn't remotely as good at 22 as Stroman is now. The guy is a quality starter, a #2-3 on a good rotation, but no way should we be giving up Stroman or Sanchez for him, just like we shouldn't have given up Noah for the old rape victim last year.

Back