• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

Dickey-Buerhle-Morrow-Romero/McGowan/Drabek/Happ/Stroman/Nolin/Hutchinson/McGuire/Stilson

There's a lot of good young arms in that group, but **** me if it wouldn't be nice to add a legitimate top 3 MLB starter in there.

Dickey-Buerhle-Morrow-Romero/McGowan/Drabek/Happ/Stroman/Nolin/Hutchinson/McGuire/Stilson

There's a lot of good young arms in that group, but **** me if it wouldn't be nice to add a legitimate top 3 MLB starter in there.

You could probably remove Deck, Romero and Stilson from that list. They won't be in the starting 5 unless there are injuries, which I guess is possible with Morrow and a 40 year old in the top 3.

It's still criminally early in the SP phase of the market....but i wouldn't rule out AA being disgusted by both the trade and UFA prices...

That said there are literally double digit available names and only so many chairs for these guys

David Price
Jeff Samardzija
Masahiro Tanaka
Ubaldo Jiminez
Matt Garza
Bronson Arroyo
Ervin Santana

All almost locks to go, and keep in mind with the UFA's Jays don't have to cough up a 1st rounder for anyone, alot of teams do...that's huge

Could very easily be a smokescreen, due to ridiculously inflated prices. The Tanaka shoe has to drop first, he may be after a guy like Ubaldo or Ervin, and everybody's waiting. I think at this point I'd rather overpay one of those guys than trade Sanchez or Stroman.

Could very easily be a smokescreen, due to ridiculously inflated prices. The Tanaka shoe has to drop first, he may be after a guy like Ubaldo or Ervin, and everybody's waiting. I think at this point I'd rather overpay one of those guys than trade Sanchez or Stroman.

I'm with you there

Ubaldo
Ervin
Garza

In that order

Tanaka i still feel is a pipe dream

You could probably remove Deck, Romero and Stilson from that list. They won't be in the starting 5 unless there are injuries, which I guess is possible with Morrow and a 40 year old in the top 3.

I don't know why you would outright remove Romero from the list. With the money he makes, he'll be given every opportunity to earn a spot in the rotation, and unless someone steps up to fill the void in the back of the rotation, spring training, and early season starts in AA-AAA will be very meaningful for guys looking to get a shot. A fairly experienced prospect with decent peripherals and some proven durability like McGuire (8+ K/9 last season, ~150IP the past 2 seasons) could end up with the #5 job if he pitches his way into it. Stilson they would have to stretch out fairly slowly to reduce the risk of arm injury, but a 22 yr old putting up his peripherals, with his frame (6'4 200) in AAA can't be dismissed out of hand either imo. They're longer shots to make the rotation than a Stroman, Drabek, or Hutch is, but very much in play if they have strong springs, and early season starts in AAA.

Romero looks done. That's why I remove him. I appreciate your support for him though. Deck has taken forever to develop and the other guy was never in the picture for next season.

If we don't pick up anyone it will be probably be Hutch, DD, Stoman and Happ battling it out.

Last edited:
Back