• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

People panicking in Jays land confuse me.

What is the Jays only need right now?

SP

How many significant SP have been traded or signed by other teams?

Zero.

The date on the calender is inconsequential. If all the SP were signed and we were left in a dogfight for Bronson Arroyo, then i'd be cliff jumping. For the time being however let's just chill.

people need to relax, period.

this is a bad pitching market. the cubs are asking for more in exchange for jeff smardzijkiljaiak than the jays gave up to get the reigning cy young winner.

last year the jays were able to bring in three very high profile guys -- a cy young winner, a former nl era leader and the most consistent pitcher in baseball for the past decade. when guys worth taking chances are on are available, AA has not only sniffed around but been able to pull the trigger.

fact is, no front end guy is available right now (Unless you believe the philles rumour). i, for one, won't be particularly bummed if the team doesn't make a move because teh only move to be made is to make matt garza our highest paid pitcher, or trading stroman and sanchez for smarzicjijlajka

people need to relax, period.

this is a bad pitching market. the cubs are asking for more in exchange for jeff smardzijkiljaiak than the jays gave up to get the reigning cy young winner.

last year the jays were able to bring in three very high profile guys -- a cy young winner, a former nl era leader and the most consistent pitcher in baseball for the past decade. when guys worth taking chances are on are available, AA has not only sniffed around but been able to pull the trigger.

fact is, no front end guy is available right now (Unless you believe the philles rumour). i, for one, won't be particularly bummed if the team doesn't make a move because teh only move to be made is to make matt garza our highest paid pitcher, or trading stroman and sanchez for smarzicjijlajka

The problem with standing pat is that we have a three year window, and a ton of question marks in the rotation.

Doing nothing almost devalues what you did last year, i don't buy this new 5 year window nonsense. Dickey adn Beuhrle are only getting older.

It's still early but I can definitely see AA getting fired in a summer or two and we'll all look back and point to him cheaping out on Darvish. Colossal, and fatal perhaps, mistake. I just can't get over it.

Not Darvish's fault at all. In fact AA is facing an almost impossible task of landing a guy with Darvish's skill set this summer which is why that decision keeps coming back to me.

I'm just saying that there's too much time left and too many options left available to warrant descending into panic mode at this point in the off-season.

Back