• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

Shi Davidi reports:

The Toronto Blue Jays have engaged the representatives of Masahiro Tanaka, according to manager John Gibbons, but how aggressively the club intends to pursue the Japanese pitching sensation remains unclear.

This is confirming what we already knew, but hearing it from a team official confirms what Jon Heyman told us.

Course, I'll state the usual, the Jays talk to everyone, talk about everyone. Does that mean they will make an offer to Tanaka? No. I would imagine that they will see if the price will be somewhere close to what they can live with.

Shi also mentions:
•Steve Delabar is pain free.
• Anthony Gose hit .167 with 4 walks, in 7 winter ball games for Tiburones de La Guaira in Venezuela.
• Moises Sierra played some first in the Dominican Republic. He could platoon with Lind, or maybe not.
• Brandon Morrow is also pain free. We are going to need him.

Sportsnet

Sierra played very sparingly at 1st in the Dominican League and I read a few weeks back that Jays see no future for him there. Looks like he'll be Lind's DH platoon vs lefties if he makes the team. If he doesn't, I hope AA signs Jeff Baker, guy destroys lefty pitching and he can play 2B, 3B, LF and RF.

I'm ****ing KEEN for that. I grew up with RBI Baseball 2 and Blades of Steel. That shit entertained me from ages 4 to 12 easily.

Gammons is reporting that the Jays won't be "engaging in a bidding war" for pitching, but instead will concentrate on "youths and rehabs."

Last edited:
He essentially says that they're gun-shy because of what happened last yeat.

i read the report

He claims they would be only interested if the price came down.

I dont know if i buy it.

It's one thing to regret a trade because it cost you assets, but if you are gunshy of a FA it's cause you dont trust him, the price shouldnt really matter

It's hard to admit - but as fans we have to start thinking about the possibility of the team going with what they currently have and live with it.

Time will tell though.

That RBI Baseball/Scully mashup is pretty much the coolest thing ever. I hope someone saved a bunch of Scully broadcast tapes. He's the greatest I've ever heard.

Back