• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

One Writer sold his vote to TMZ
Another writer for the past 5 years has voted for just Jack Morris
Over the past couple years Jacque Jones, Todd Jones, Kenny Rogers, Aaron Sele have received votes
Last year a voter had Biggio on his ballot, this year he did not, and he only used 9 total votes

That Los Angeles writer who was revealed to have only voted for Morris because he refused to vote for anyone who played in the steroids era, which is asinine as that would only make Maddux and Glavine's Hall of Fame cases BETTER having been forced to pitch at a severe disadvantage to hitters, should have his privileges revoked.

Full potato.

the only factor, don't be naive.

This is a guy leaving one country for another, pretty much guaranteed 100M contract with whoever he signs with.

You'd be being naive if you think 105 from the Jays sways him over 100 from Seattle or New York if that's the city he prefers

That Los Angeles writer who was revealed to have only voted for Morris because he refused to vote for anyone who played in the steroids era, which is asinine as that would only make Maddux and Glavine's Hall of Fame cases BETTER having been forced to pitch at a severe disadvantage to hitters, should have his privileges revoked.

Full potato.

He's such a loser and should have his vote stripped.

This is a guy leaving one country for another, pretty much guaranteed 100M contract with whoever he signs with.

You'd be being naive if you think 105 from the Jays sways him over 100 from Seattle or New York if that's the city he prefers

he will go to whoever offers him the most money.

don't be a child.

you can never bet on getting the top free agent in the market, but it's nice to hear they're in on it, because it gives more credibility to them also being in on the other FA pitchers.

Hell, i even like the Mariners as a kid.

Olerud, Bhuner, Griffey, Edgar Gonzalez, lots of players to like back in the day.

Tanaka is what, 24 though? For him "back in the day" was right when the Mariners were pawning off or losing those guys to age.

Griffey and A Rod were both gone after 1999. Martinez and Buhner were already ancient by then and only played for a few more years.

The only real draw for a Japanese kid to Seattle would be Ichiro...but he could always just go play with Ichiro in NY if he wants too.

Im not justifying why he would like the Mariners, i was just saying that i even liked them.

And yea Edgar Martinez is the guy, not Gonzalez.

Im 26, not far off from Tanaka. Even as dinosaurs, those guys were fantastic players.

I'm 26 as well and those 1990s Mariners teams were awesome. Loved them playing in that miniature indoor bandbox that was the Kingdome. Junior playing almost ten seasons on that horrific turf probably took a huge toll on him in his thirties.

Back