• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

I'd prefer to see a combination of Getz/Goins, I think that's the best potential 2B option we have. Izturis has been on a downward trajectory for the past 3 seasons now and I don't see him being more than a .240/.300/.3.30 type player with sub par defense and that's as a "bounceback" season. I think Goins/Getz will combine to hit roughly the same as Izturis but with a far superior defensive aspect.

I'll say this much about AA talking about acquisition cost.

If it's true and he ends up passing on a SP then that really angers me as a fan when those 2 words weren't in his vocabulary last season.

Doing nothing this season devalues what he did last season.

Yeah, the Jays are still a solid foundation. They need to grab one starter to replace what they thought Johnson could be. If that's all they do, I can accept that.

AA essentially said today perhaps during the season would be a better time to make a trade for pitcher. He also noted that FA prices are going up and down.

I'll say this much about AA talking about acquisition cost.

If it's true and he ends up passing on a SP then that really angers me as a fan when those 2 words weren't in his vocabulary last season.

Doing nothing this season devalues what he did last season.

I was saying this yesterday and I'm sorry if makes you angry, but it may be time for you to at least begin to think about the possibility of this team not acquiring anyone else (of impact) this offseason.

I was saying this yesterday and I'm sorry if makes you angry, but it may be time for you to at least begin to think about the possibility of this team not acquiring anyone else (of impact) this offseason.

Yeah...we can take this one of two ways

1) He's telling the fans the truth and doesnt expect to meet cost
2) He's trying to tell FA's that he's fine as is and wants them to lower costs

Either way im not thrilled.

J.A. Happ in the rotation is a disaster.

I dont mind Happ in the role of...emergency starter in case of injury.

But he is such a bad guy to automatically put in there.

If you aren't going to spend money or make a trade at least open up 2 spots for Stroman, Hutchison, Nolin, Drabek...

Happ is proven junk.

At Happ's salary, he's useless to this team. He shouldn't be given anything, especially since he's a fringe 5th starter at best. I'd rather sign Jimenez and have Hutchison and Drabek battle for the 5th spot. Stroman I want to see in AAA to start unless he flat out dominates in the spring, at which point I wouldn't mind seeing him in the rotation but even then, it may be best to delay his service clock a bit.

Happ is a great guy to fight for that last starter spot. I'm just hoping they don't plan to start Happ as the #4 and someone like Rogers as #5

Happ is a great guy to fight for that last starter spot. I'm just hoping they don't plan to start Happ as the #4 and someone like Rogers as #5

As it stands now a number of pitchers will be battling it out for the #4 and #5 spots. Also, with Morrow's pending long-term injury this season the #3 spot should be open in a few months as well.

With Drabek and Hutch healthy our depth is automatically improved.

One of the major reasons we sucked last year is that we had no one in the organization to replace the injured starters. With those guys, Rogers and a few others we're in better shape for the inevitable Morrow long term injury.

Back