• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

thing about Ervin and Ubaldo...they cost a 1st round pick for all teams outside the bottom 10...Jays don't have to surrender a pick, so if ever there was a time to splurge...

thing about Ervin and Ubaldo...they cost a 1st round pick for all teams outside the bottom 10...Jays don't have to surrender a pick, so if ever there was a time to splurge...

They'd surrender their 2nd round pick which is 49th overall. But yeah, Jays have 2 protected picks in the 1st round so may as well use that to our advantage.

They'd surrender their 2nd round pick which is 49th overall. But yeah, Jays have 2 protected picks in the 1st round so may as well use that to our advantage.

Who cares? This team should be all in to win right now. Adding talent, spending money to add to the current group which has a limited window to compete.

Yeah, I imagine this is the case. But once the first few guys sign, then we might see a domino effect. The question is about supply and demand - once Tanaka falls, does everyone start upping their offers to grab whoever is left, or do offers fall off the table as teams sign guys.

This whole waiting thing is bullshit anyway. Garza, Jimenez and Santana are all gonna get paid a shit ton anyway.

Who cares? This team should be all in to win right now. Adding talent, spending money to add to the current group which has a limited window to compete.

I said I did? Just pointing out that they do in fact lose a pick though not a first(as well as that slot money) and that they may as well use that as an advantage to sign Jimenez. Hell, the fact that their 2nd round pick is technically a later round pick anyways due to all the compensation picks should be even more incentive to sign him.

This whole waiting thing is bullshit anyway. Garza, Jimenez and Santana are all gonna get paid a shit ton anyway.

If a team like the Dodgers who are more than willing to spend like drunken sailors, go after and miss out on a guy like Tanaka.....it only makes sense for these guys agents to have them wait, because then they become the next best option and could get significantly more as a result of a potential bidding war between the remaining suitors.

It's only logical that a team that believes they might be in on Tanaka and are only in the market to add one SP this offseason, wouldn't have interest in signing any of these guys until they know they're out on Tanaka.

This is pretty straight forward stuff.

If a team like the Dodgers who are more than willing to spend like drunken sailors, go after and miss out on a guy like Tanaka.....it only makes sense for these guys agents to have them wait, because then they become the next best option and could get significantly more as a result of a potential bidding war between the remaining suitors.

It's only logical that a team that believes they might be in on Tanaka and are only in the market to add one SP this offseason, wouldn't have interest in signing any of these guys until they know they're out on Tanaka.

This is pretty straight forward stuff.

I've heard conflicting reports about the Dodgers. Some say they're only interested in Tanaka and if they miss out, they'll go as is while others think if they miss out, they'll aggressively pursue Garza or Santana and might reach their asking prices.

Or, it could be that a lot of media sources say the Jays did talk to them because the price was to high. Plus, contract length was going to conflict with Beeston's internal policy about not going over 5 years.

Also, lay off the coffee.

You cry at every rumour that says they're not in, then cry at every one that says they are.

That's a lot of crying.

You cry at every rumour that says they're not in, then cry at every one that says they are.

That's a lot of crying.

From everything that has been reported lately, there seems to be a lot of evidence to support the notion that the Jays are not in the bidding.

I would love them to be. Tanaka is a guy I really want.

If there ever was a FA to break the bank and 5 year clause for it's Tanaka.

However, with reports of his wife wanting the west coast so bad i'm skeptical of this report.

Not crying though.

Back