• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

I can’t stand the goofs in charge but at the end of the day this rests in vladdy bo and springer. That supposed to be your heartbeat and they combined for Jack shit plus some awful blunders.

I hope they don't obsess over defensive play this off season.
I mean i hate them, but they arent stupid enough to think they need more defensive upgrades.

I assume Varsho is moving to CF and they look for thump in LF, as much as i like KK, i cant imagine paying him what he rightfully earned this offseason.

I mean i suppose they could bring him back and keep the OF exactly the same, but, gah.

I can’t stand the goofs in charge but at the end of the day this rests in vladdy bo and springer. That supposed to be your heartbeat and they combined for Jack shit plus some awful blunders.
They need to take their brunt of the blame, but something stinks with this slap hit Don Mattingly no one pull the ball approach.

The whole team having down years has to be some part a system thing

Well Chapman is gone so you need to find a 3B.
So I believe you need to find at least a 3B and one starting OF. Unless you re sign KK.

It's a really tough call on KK. I'm not sure his next contract will be insurmountable, but he's at an age where players can start to decline rapidly (33), has always been injury-prone, and can be replaced in CF by Varsho.

Still, loved having that dude here this year.

A
Well Chapman is gone so you need to find a 3B.
So I believe you need to find at least a 3B and one starting OF. Unless you re sign KK.

And a DH that maybe can play sparingly in the field, covering for Springer/Vlad

I guess that could be Horwitz, but that seems super fucking underwealming to me, dude has zero pop.

We have the flexibility to add a no glove power bat, it might be wise to.

It's a really tough call on KK. I'm not sure his next contract will be insurmountable, but he's at an age where players can start to decline rapidly (33), has always been injury-prone, and can be replaced in CF by Varsho.

Still, loved having that dude here this year.
He deserves to be paid as an above average starting CF

With Varsho here, that would be a waste of money, i think.

Fuck pitching and defence. Rake. Then rake some more.

You can find top of the rotation level pitching at the deadline every year, but finding a stud middle of the order bat at the deadline, who plays a position of need for your club is hard.

Build the most terrifying lineup you can afford and then feel free to go and get guys with good gloves at key defensive positions if you don't have them.

League average club scored 748 runs this year....and the Jays scored 746. No one should be wondering why the offence dried up when there wasn't any shit pitching left to beat up on.

they raked last year. didn't help.

the guys the lost in the offseason all ended up hitting just a tick above average.

The guys they needed to produce didn't. Add in Kirk and Varsho to that too, heck in the end Chapman too. In theory that was 6 guys who should all have had legit above average bats, and they combined for didly squat.

Anyone involved with the batters this year should not be on the flight back to Toronto. I was willing to stick up for Atkins before, but his time is done too. Maybe he was still doing Shapiro's bidding, but it's Ross' name on the contracts, he's gotta take the fall.

Back