• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

Scoring 9 runs in an elimination game > Scoring 0

"Fuck pitching and defence" doesn't mean "give up 10 runs and just score 11"
Has the team tried scoring more runs than the opponent?

A loss is a loss. I don't give a damn in the end if it's 10-9 or 2-0. Need a team that scores more than the other one, no matter what the hell form that comes in

Vlad and Whit bashing the decision to pull Berrios, saying it was a surprise.

While i think analytically its the right pull, i certainly cant defend not letting your players know the god damn game plan.

The guys they needed to produce didn't. Add in Kirk and Varsho to that too, heck in the end Chapman too. In theory that was 6 guys who should all have had legit above average bats, and they combined for didly squat.

Anyone involved with the batters this year should not be on the flight back to Toronto. I was willing to stick up for Atkins before, but his time is done too. Maybe he was still doing Shapiro's bidding, but it's Ross' name on the contracts, he's gotta take the fall.
i mean Chapman is who he is at this point, and we know what happened with Varsho.

Vladdy and Kirk's struggles were borderline inexplicable.

And George Springer, yes he's at an age where decline is not a surprise, but his career wRC+ totals:

129, 133, 126, 140, 119, 155, 143, 140, 133 ..... 104 and then shit in the playoffs this year, was a killer.

Ages Next Year

C Jansen 29
DH Horwitz 26
1B Guerrero 25
2B Schneider 25
SS Bichette 26
3B Espinal 29
LF Biggio 29
RF Springer 34
CF Varsho 27

UT
IF Clement 28
OF Lukes 29
C Kirk 25

SP Gausman 33
SP Berrios 30
SP Bassitt 35
SP Kikuchi 33
SP Manoah 26

RP Romano 31
RP Mayza 32
RP Swanson 30
RP Garcia 33
RP Richards 31
RP Cimber 33
RP Cabrera 27
RP Francis 28

Ages Next Year

C Jansen 29
DH Horwitz 26
1B Guerrero 25
2B Schneider 25
SS Bichette 26
3B Espinal 29
LF Biggio 29
RF Springer 34
CF Varsho 27

UT
IF Clement 28
OF Lukes 29
C Kirk 25

SP Gausman 33
SP Berrios 30
SP Bassitt 35
SP Kikuchi 33
SP Manoah 26

RP Romano 31
RP Mayza 32
RP Swanson 30
RP Garcia 33
RP Richards 31
RP Cimber 33
RP Cabrera 27
RP Francis 28

The bones of a good bullpen and strong rotation are there, there really should be no real resources put towards those things this offseason.

4 starting spots on the offense and IMO a still shite bench are a problem

The bones of a good bullpen and strong rotation are there, there really should be no real resources put towards those things this offseason.

4 starting spots on the offense and IMO a still shite bench are a problem
The bench will sort itself out once you add those 4 roster spots. But yeah, the team needs a #5 arm (or Manoah to be back), and DH/2B/3B/LF.

Vlad and Whit bashing the decision to pull Berrios, saying it was a surprise.

While i think analytically its the right pull, i certainly cant defend not letting your players know the god damn game plan.
The outrage Jonas feels for the manager not starting a group chat the night before to tell the fielders when he was going to pull Berrios, even though the pull was a magnificent display of by-the-book brilliance!

Everyone and their grandmother could see Schneider's boner bursting out of his pants any time Berrios threw a ball. Getting Kikuchi throwing in the bullpen in the first. What surprise exactly?

Do I know I'm giving up 10 runs going into the game? If so, then it's just as bad.

If not, I'll take the 9 runs.
You don't know you're scoring 9.

I'm not saying the team shouldn't be looking at improving the offense. It was absolutely pathetic this year. And one of the players they have to replace was the team's best bat. Thankfully the pitching staff should be mostly sorted out for next year, so they can focus on the bats

You don't know you're scoring 9.

I'm not saying the team shouldn't be looking at improving the offense. It was absolutely pathetic this year. And one of the players they have to replace was the team's best bat. Thankfully the pitching staff should be mostly sorted out for next year, so they can focus on the bats
I know we're not scoring 9, sadly.

Back