• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

Looking like every team who lost yesterday will be swept today. Rays lost 7-1, Brewers lost 5-2, and the Marlins are losing 7-0 in the 7th inning.

But all of that is besides my point.

My point is to focus on building a lineup of rakers because everything else of need is easily available for a deadline load up.

With the extended playoffs, very few teams are out of it by the deadline. And everyone needs and can use pitching. I don't think you want to really count on loading up at the deadline.

The team doesn't need pitching, because they already spent the effort on it the last couple years. And the guys they got, I don't think they necessarily have a lot of extra value. Like we're not getting much back if we floated a guy like Berrios, and if we did, we'd need someone like him anyways. The team also should have Tiedemann by August maybe to come in as a late pick me up.

The question is what they can do to find bats, given how terrible the FA pool is.

Are we expecting the same ERA with the same D though next year?
pitching was lights out this year and healthy , not happening next year

It comes down to 2/3 after a long season and our fucken bat leaders choked again

Same as TB and Brewers , nobody knows WTF happens in the playoffs

Truthfully, replacing Schneider doesn't do anything. He is just a puppet for the Analytics and Front Office Departments.

He can stay, I guess - Blue Jay Lifer.

Pitching is fine - Walker is great!

Anything Hitting wise needs to be fired out of a canon.

Trade Vladdy for Soto and see if you can get Machado as well? Maybe Springer + Vladdy for Soto and Machado? A lot of money though

I grew up an Expos fan myself, but I don't get how Jays can be blamed for Expos issues. But they do get blamed.

Some people have resentment because the Jays joined in voting to relocate the Expos, and didn't give like a symbolic abstention or something.

I love analytics but if I have Andrea Bargnani going out of his mind and hitting threes
after three in a particular game, I'd sit top 5 hall of famers to make sure he gets more touches.

Numbers without context can end up disastrous like it did yesterday.

Back