• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

You can be into anything you want.....anything

5fb1e2dc3e6d0cec20a5307f2367533f.jpg

Merrifield, who is a pending free agent assuming his mutual option for 2024 isn't picked up, also added he's looking to sign with a team that "understands baseball" this offseason.

"It's definitely gotta be a team that's focused on winning and understand baseball," Merrifield said on where he'd want to land in the winter. "We're getting away from that a little bit in this game. So looking forward to some conversations to have with different teams."

Gotta make a move for a big bat. If rumours are true Padres are looking to move off Soto I think that’s the guy to get. Not sure we have the pieces to make that move.

I wonder if Manoah has any value left at this point. Seems like an unfortunate split is inevitable.

Merrifield, who is a pending free agent assuming his mutual option for 2024 isn't picked up, also added he's looking to sign with a team that "understands baseball" this offseason.

"It's definitely gotta be a team that's focused on winning and understand baseball," Merrifield said on where he'd want to land in the winter. "We're getting away from that a little bit in this game. So looking forward to some conversations to have with different teams."

Wait until Shatkins picks up his option.

Oh my God he sounds exactly like Jonas whenever he gets on his high horse about him being one of the few who understands baseball. Except this guy is probably right.

It’s actually pretty crazy the amount of shit being lobbed from all angles at shatkins. Universally they are taking the blame - from the players to the fans, all the way up to their colleagues at sports net. I don’t think I can recall management of any North American team getting it this hard. Certainly not from players.

and I don’t think we’ve heard a word from either of them - very telling.

Things were so great in 2015 and right as the fans were so excited and the 22 year playoff drought was ending, they announced Shapiro hiring. I even thought back then it seemed like poor timing. And him screaming at AA right after that run and chasing him away for trading those horrible prospects was ridiculous. Those prospects did sweet fuck all and Jays were going nowhere with them. I mean we lost AA because this idiot overrated horrible prospects in exchange for making the playoffs.

BTW, the Moreno deal reminds me of Raycroft deal a lot. Not that Varsho will be as bad as Raycroft, not at all. Varsho will have a solid comeback year next year IMO. It's this idea of rushing to trade your great catching depth (First time you had it in decades at that position) to address "Other areas". Just calm down, keep everyone and decide over time who you want to move. You didn't need to rush to trade a top 5 MLB prospect.

BTW, the Moreno deal reminds me of Raycroft deal a lot. Not that Varsho will be as bad as Raycroft, not at all. Varsho will have a solid comeback year next year IMO. It's this idea of rushing to trade your great catching depth (First time you had it in decades at that position) to address "Other areas". Just calm down, keep everyone and decide over time who you want to move. You didn't need to rush to trade a top 5 MLB prospect.
Sometimes you do though. If you feel he is overhyped you probably should trade him before people figure that bit out. And maybe that's how Shatkins felt about him. Sounds like they were wrong, so not defending them, but in some cases I don't hate the idea of rushing to trade a prospect that you feel has value that exceeds his potential.

Sometimes you do though. If you feel he is overhyped you probably should trade him before people figure that bit out. And maybe that's how Shatkins felt about him. Sounds like they were wrong, so not defending them, but in some cases I don't hate the idea of rushing to trade a prospect that you feel has value that exceeds his potential.
It's kind of funny Shapiro thought that ton of crap prospects AA traded for a playoff run was real good, but Moreno might have been an overrated prospect.

Gotta say as well, remember that Montreal guy who got blasted for Kirk's weight comments and Monoah defended him and Alek got praise for leadership and defending Kirk? I think that guy was right. Kirk has to loose weight and there are some real fat fucks on this team, including Manoah.
You're a professional athlete. I can mock your weight.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/sports/montr...er-s-run-to-home-plate-embarrassing-1.6071962

Last edited:
Back