• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

Lol grade A loser.

his mannerisms sure have changed. He’s significantly more agitated while answering questions. Lots of moving within his seat. Hand gestures.

the dancing around questions with lots of words but no substance is elite.

hopefully Shapiro fires him by Thursday
He ran out of excuses and the arrogant smartest guy in the roommfacad melted away.

melted

I have zero doubt, that this presser was co-ordinated with John, who was promised job security while being told they had no choice but to bury him, rather than acknowledge that coaching decisions are mapped out upstairs.

I suspect this was done on the Saturday of a long weekend, to hide it from the mainstream fan as much as possible, and spaced out before Shapiro speaks, both more positively ( about the offseason) and elloquently ( in general)

It terrifies me they are already waiving goodbye to Belt, and Chapman (KK i get) and talking up internal options ( the same options that couldnt PH for Whit Merrifield who shockingly was not ruled out). I suspect payroll will be an issue, in regards to offering a QO to Chapman, if his market is slow to develop that could delay moves the team wants to make.

Atkins, at least admitted he was dissappinted the hard hit data never aligned with Vlad and will look to make changes to help him ( i think John's offensive staff are fucked, god willing) Vlad doing major offseason work too, is probably for the best

That's not much of an answer outside of what was already known. That's more acknowleding the prevailing take than it is providing any additional insight.

That's not much of an answer outside of what was already known. That's more acknowleding the prevailing take than it is providing any additional insight.

I mean, it's better than going "duh, we don't know, we thought he had good ABs, we'll talk to him again in Spring training to see if he could maybe hit to spot where fielders aren't"

I have zero doubt, that this presser was co-ordinated with John, who was promised job security while being told they had no choice but to bury him, rather than acknowledge that coaching decisions are mapped out upstairs.

I suspect this was done on the Saturday of a long weekend, to hide it from the mainstream fan as much as possible, and spaced out before Shapiro speaks, both more positively ( about the offseason) and elloquently ( in general)

It terrifies me they are already waiving goodbye to Belt, and Chapman (KK i get) and talking up internal options ( the same options that couldnt PH for Whit Merrifield who shockingly was not ruled out). I suspect payroll will be an issue, in regards to offering a QO to Chapman, if his market is slow to develop that could delay moves the team wants to make.

Atkins, at least admitted he was dissappinted the hard hit data never aligned with Vlad and will look to make changes to help him ( i think John's offensive staff are fucked, god willing) Vlad doing major offseason work too, is probably for the best

Yeah, if they come out and say the decision came from upstairs, I don't know how Schneider doesn't have to resign immediately if Atkins stays. Plus, it's not like the front office are really in a good place, so they'd have to eat the decision.

Basically, it's either this wishy washy terrible statement that you hope to hide, or Atkins gets the boot, or Schneider gets the boot.

Jays GMs

* P.Gillick 17yrs
* Shapiro/Atkins 8yrs
* J.Ricciardi 8yrs
* G.Ash 7yrs
* A.Anthopolous 6yrs
* P.Bavasi 1yrs

If they fire the hitting coaches then ill consider this a small win, but you're right its more of a grey lining than a silver one.

Sure, but would rather put together a pile of other stuff and build around a core of Soto-Vlad-Bichette.

Shatkins would never though, his LF defence is a bit weak.
There is that, but also i think a package of that type would have to be something like

Tiedemann
Orelvis
stuff
stuff

I think that simultaniously can be beaten and kill our farm ( not that i care)

If you could sell SDP on Vlad and stuff for Soto ( then pay Soto)

Then work something out for Pete Alonso...that's uh, good

never going to to happen though

were trading for Brandon Drury and bringing back Whit on a 1/9 deal which is technically a deal but also maddening.

What a spineless, scumbag, lawyer speaking, lying prick. You throw Schneider completely by himself under the bus but keep him around just to avoid any target on you and your nerds backs and take ZERO blame for the ridiculous boneheaded calls from upstairs. These types of decisions were being made even with Montoyo. This organization won’t get another penny from me until these two faced clowns are fired.

I think that simultaniously can be beaten and kill our farm

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

If you could sell SDP on Vlad and stuff for Soto ( then pay Soto)

But....and hear me out.

What is the point of trading a 4-7 WAR player for another 4-7 WAR player? (yes, I'm aware Vladdy hasn't been that in a minute, but the ability is obviously there, his MVP contension season was not a fluke). You win by getting more of those guys, not by swapping deck chairs around. Imo the philosophical problem with the Shatkins era is that they massively undervalue high level players in their primes, but are incredibly happy spending 10+ million on 1-2 war bench body/fringe starters or getting bargains on star level performers in their twilight years. Your system should be producing Merrifield's, Kikuchi's, etc by the boat load, you should never be paying for them in this fucky MLB salary structure. The payroll money should be thrown at star level performers, they make everyone around them better.

Then work something out for Pete Alonso...that's uh, good

Go get Alonso too, we need a DH. I mean, if we're spending 251 million, let's spend it on things that might hit 50 HR at the dome in a season.

This is what I'm saying philosophically....get more impact things. Nobody is going to be able to convince me that we can't fit a murderers row with a solid starting staff into a 250 million dollar budget.

Also why is the focus over the summer on “fixing” vlddys swing?

get him training and eating right.

these dumdums tinker and have fucked the guy as it is. Maybe just get the fuck out of the way???

Back