• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

Wouldn't surprise me to see them go after either a non-tender, or just trade for someone who's borderline. Like a Tyler O'Neill is probably not getting the 5.5m or so his arb needs to be, so I could either letting them non-tender and you sign them, or if you are willing to pay that money, give them an a-ball pitcher for his rights. Grabbing someone like him along with a Joc Pederson ss like platoon LF/DH options makes some sense.

Wouldn't surprise me to see them go after either a non-tender, or just trade for someone who's borderline. Like a Tyler O'Neill is probably not getting the 5.5m or so his arb needs to be, so I could either letting them non-tender and you sign them, or if you are willing to pay that money, give them an a-ball pitcher for his rights. Grabbing someone like him along with a Joc Pederson ss like platoon LF/DH options makes some sense.
Rhys on a 1 year deal coming off an injury

I can’t believe no one’s been fired yet. Maybe after the weekend we see some action. At minimum Atkins has got to go. Ideally puppet master Shapiro gets the boot but I doubt we see that for a couple more years.

Yeah, they’re running it back.

When they hired these losers I thought we were in for a decade of futility. I hoped Atkins would be gone after 5 or 6 years and Shapiro after his second GM failed. I did not expect Atkins to become the longest tenured Jays GM other than Gillick.

And any “but they made the playoffs” arguments are meaningless. Ash and Ricciardi would have made 12-team playoffs too, despite having serious financial constraints.

Yeah, they’re running it back.

When they hired these losers I thought we were in for a decade of futility. I hoped Atkins would be gone after 5 or 6 years and Shapiro after his second GM failed. I did not expect Atkins to become the longest tenured Jays GM other than Gillick.

And any “but they made the playoffs” arguments are meaningless. Ash and Ricciardi would have made 12-team playoffs too, despite having serious financial constraints.
They had good attendance so points for that but with a high payroll to balance it out.

The 8/9th of the Atlanta-Philly was insane

What an end to that game. Wow.

Another catch where the OF makes an extra hop that didn't need to be made (this seems weirdly common now, like a requirement before making the catch), but he legit was going hard into the wall, in an awkward spot too, and did well to come away with it. I don't understand what the unnecessary jump is for these days. Makes the catch look worse, not better, like embellishing a save by whipping back the glove hand for no reason.

Back