• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

We’re hearing from Shapiro tmw. Hopefully he’s equally as rattled. Hopefully Rogers is seeing he is inept and a fraud. Some of that doubt has to be sinking in. 8 years of no results? It’s about time for change.

Atkins out is his big bullet. Wonder if he’ll use it.

We’re hearing from Shapiro tmw. Hopefully he’s equally as rattled. Hopefully Rogers is seeing he is inept and a fraud. Some of that doubt has to be sinking in. 8 years of no results? It’s about time for change.

Atkins out is his big bullet. Wonder if he’ll use it.
As far as i can tell the main difference between Shapiro and Atkins is that Shapiro is not a fucking idiot, and much better spoken.

I assume what he's weighing is whether to fire his bullet on a GM firing now or waiting it out, cause once he does the heat is on him, and in reality i assume it doesn't really matter if its Atkins, Click, or Steve the intern. This front office is a collaboration and the GM and Manager have to be willing minions in pursuit of his philiosophy. It's why he brought in his Cleveland minions, and hired a 50 year old never was a manager who never would have got a gig otherwise, and then promoted from within when they fired that bullet.

Shapiro has to decide if he can handle the heat of the last presser and disaster that was this season (relative to expectations). My guess is, regardless of what he decides is that it doesnt matter, but what he should probably do is fire Ross, and make it sound like the new guy is going to be handling the baseball stuff while he promotes craft beer and new stadium seats. Bringing in someone new might also restore the faith in the roster, and whatever FA are out there that are turned off by this shit show.

Yeah, not a fastball, but a fast ball.

They just have to stop throwing those and he won’t ever have power anymore.

Admit it. Awful trade. One of the worst in team history.
It's a bad trade. But far from the worst in team history. Olerud for nothing, Syndergaard for Dickey, Wells for nothing, Halladay, Michael Young, etc... all much worse. I mean, if Varsho gets even worse, then for sure this gets up there. Or if Moreno continues this power streak and becomes a complete player, it could get up there.

Heck even stuff like not trading Donaldson until it was too late. Or the 4 days they had Mike Napoli before trading him away, only for him to post a 1.000 OPS and a 5.5 WAR season would still be a worse trade.

But yeah, even looking through those others, it's getting close to those tiers day by day...

Btw, Moreno was ranked like the 3rd or 4th best defensive catcher in baseball this year. If he's found his pop (which his 2nd half stats suggested, even before the playoffs), he's a 4-5 WAR catcher for like the next decade.

Back