• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

How many years of control do we get with AA though?

Shapiro doesn't allow that deal to go through without a decently long period.

One thing i am almost 100% convinced on is that this FO is going to try and thread the needle again. Trying to stay competitive but also have extreme financial flexibility in 2 years when Vlad and Bo are up, in case they need/want to start a full rebuild.

I expect you're going to hear the Jays linked to alot of older or post injury FA who are willing to sign 1-2 year deals. I dont think they want to have any additional money on the books 2 years from now, and they had very recent success with Belt/KK. Targets i can see them looking at include Justin Turner, Joc Pederson, Rhys Hoskins, Evan Longoria, Michael Brantley, Jason Heyward, Brandon Belt, Michael Conforto, Aaron Hicks, JD Martinez, Andrew McCutchen, Jesse Winker, Ji Man Choi, Matt Carpenter, Adam Duvall, Joey Gallo, Tommy Pham, Hunter Renfroe, Randal Grichuk, Donovan Solano or Josh Donaldson (lol)

The FA market is weak, very weak in terms of premium stud talent. Its basically Ohtani, then Bellinger, then you need to twist yourself into a pretzel convincing yourself Matt Chapman and Jeimer Candelario are worth 100M deals. The market however is kinda strong in the older vet/looking to rebuild value on a short deal DH/OF market.

Dont get me wrong, i think this is a coward strategy, but some of these names, like Turner ( even at 39) make alot of sense as he could play 3B/1B/DH if need be, and i suspect this is where the team looks, and also any trade talks will not involve what few premium prospects we have.

5 gold glove nominees for the Jays: Chapman, Kiermaier, Kirk, Varsho and Berrios. I think they’ll win a couple.

Moreno nominated in the NL, of course.

Also, Cito is on the HOF ballot. He won’t likely get in because he’s up against Leyland, Pinella and Davie Johnson just among managers. Still cool.

Back