• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

I mean, Bregman has actually been one of the most consistent players in the game for a while now. He missed half a season in 2021, but when he's been on the field, has been like a 4-5 WAR player. Above average D. Weirdly this year his walk rate is like half of what it's been the rest of his career, but everything else has been right on his averages from the last 5 years.

How he ages over the next years, that's the danger when you get to 30+. He's pretty similar to Springer in a lot of ways. Both hitting FA around the same ages. As we've seen over the last couple years, sometimes guys just fall off.
Yup and worth the risk

I would take a chance on Brandon Lowe if the cheap Rays let him walk , wont cost anywhere near Bregman

I mean, Bregman has actually been one of the most consistent players in the game for a while now. He missed half a season in 2021, but when he's been on the field, has been like a 4-5 WAR player. Above average D. Weirdly this year his walk rate is like half of what it's been the rest of his career, but everything else has been right on his averages from the last 5 years.

How he ages over the next years, that's the danger when you get to 30+. He's pretty similar to Springer in a lot of ways. Both hitting FA around the same ages. As we've seen over the last couple years, sometimes guys just fall off.
Yup.

probably the first time (2nd time if you include a bunch of HR's hit in Buffalo) he's playing like he's worth the contract he's been asking for.

I prefer Bregman to Santander ( would take either, expect neither) just because 3B is a more imprortant and more dire hole to fill, we probably dont have one in our system, and corner OF at least for organizations other than ours are easy to produce and find in FA

On the Fangraphs trade deadline series, Bichette was in roughly the same category as Arozarena. I feel like if the team dealt him for a similar return to that... people would really hate that. I think he's not worth enough at this point to get a true top prospect, so the only thing you end up doing by trading him away is saving some money.

That's not to say I want to sign him long-term, but at this point, I almost feel you hope that he's back to what he was last year, in which case you either benefit from that, or his trade value might be higher at the deadline than in the off-season. And if it's not, the risk even if he has a bad year in putting out a qualifying offer is pretty minimal even if he gets hurt again or you don't get any decent offers at the deadline.

I wonder if one option might be to give him the Semien try right before free agency? Sign Adames in the off-season, move Bichette to 2b or 3b next year, and hope that he can learn it in Spring and become a valuable player there. It'd be a risk, but you get a more stable SS and maybe he will adapt well to the new spot.

Back