• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: True Crime

American Nightmare on Netflix is pretty wild.

The story is incredible... I think they could have done a better job on the documentary, but it's definitely super interesting.

I don't want to say anything about the story, cause the less you know going in, the better.

If the doc is not very well done and the story is the most interesting part of the doc then shouldn’t we just read up on the story and save the time of watching a shitty doc?

If the doc is not very well done and the story is the most interesting part of the doc then shouldn’t we just read up on the story and save the time of watching a shitty doc?
I didn't mean it was shitty.... Just that I'm not sure that the doc was as great as it could have been. The story itself definitely carried it.

I didn't mean it was shitty.... Just that I'm not sure that the doc was as great as it could have been. The story itself definitely carried it.

It has one of the wildest first episodes of any true crime doc…..and episode 2, one of the more powerful on screen interviews in recent memory.

That said, it does feel like the doc was less well done that it could have been given the insanity of the story, and the strength of the characters involved in telling their story…..was done a bit too much from the perspective of entertaining vs being an investigative journalism piece, which is what I think it deserved given some of the remaining questions.

Worth the watch tho, for sure.

I’d listened to a podcast series on the case a year prior so passed on watching this Netflix doc when it came out, but decided to toss it on for a minute just to check some of it out this past week and ended up watching the whole thing….

Remarkably well shot with some amazing vistas of Ireland etc, and lays everything out in a very meticulous manner if you’re unaware of the details going in.

IMG_2283.jpeg

One of the more professionally well done and respectfully done docs when it comes to the victim & the family, etc….

…and Ian Bailey recently died a couple weeks back of a heart attack, so given the probability he did it….its satisfying knowing the fucker is dead.

I’d listened to a podcast series on the case a year prior so passed on watching this Netflix doc when it came out, but decided to toss it on for a minute just to check some of it out this past week and ended up watching the whole thing….

Remarkably well shot with some amazing vistas of Ireland etc, and lays everything out in a very meticulous manner if you’re unaware of the details going in.

View attachment 19396

One of the more professionally well done and respectfully done docs when it comes to the victim & the family, etc….

…and Ian Bailey recently died a couple weeks back of a heart attack, so given the probability he did it….its satisfying knowing the fucker is dead.
This one's been out for about a year already. Really good doc.

View attachment 19396

I had mentioned this on here last year somewhere about how good it was. In some ways, many crimes overseas are more interesting as you don't know them as well as North American crimes as they aren't covered as much.

It has one of the wildest first episodes of any true crime doc…..and episode 2, one of the more powerful on screen interviews in recent memory.

That said, it does feel like the doc was less well done that it could have been given the insanity of the story, and the strength of the characters involved in telling their story…..was done a bit too much from the perspective of entertaining vs being an investigative journalism piece, which is what I think it deserved given some of the remaining questions.

Worth the watch tho, for sure.
Yeah, I think that's probably what I was feeling about it. Like, it was an 8/10 when the story, done right could have been a 10/10. Absolutely worth watching. It's one of the craziest stories I've ever heard.

Watching a couple of true crime shows:
Dead in the Water on Prime just got realeased yesterday. I had never heard of the crime and in 2 of 3 episodes watched, it's pretty good and worth checking-out.
On Netflix, I am watching The "Octopus Murders" which is a pretty crazy story that links a journalists "Suicide" with Iran Contra and Reagan's election from over a decade before the journalist died (I had never heard of this story either). This one came-out last week.
Both worth a watch. Dead in the water is more of a straight forward crime story( about a British young couple travelling and disappearing)and Octopus starts out as a mystery and turns into a vast political conspiracy like a 70's movie.

Gifted full article

IMG_3511.jpeg

IMG_3512.jpeg
Arrest has been made in the LISK: Long Island Serial Killer case….

View attachment 17164
View attachment 17165

View attachment 17166

Gotta admit, the one person I think who claims their innocence that is innocent is Scott Peterson. The show (There's 2 about the crime that debuted last week) "Face to face" on peacock is real good. Haven't seen the Netflix one yet.

I don't understand how they decided not to bring people on the stand that saw Laci walking her dog.

Gotta admit, the one person I think who claims their innocence that is innocent is Scott Peterson. The show (There's 2 about the crime that debuted last week) "Face to face" on peacock is real good. Haven't seen the Netflix one yet.

I don't understand how they decided not to bring people on the stand that saw Laci walking her dog.
Man, I don't know. From everything I've seen, he sure looks guilty. I've seen the Netflix one but not the Peacock one.

I mean, he went fishing 90 miles away from home... and the body just happened to be found in the exact area that he went fishing... 90 miles from home?

Man, I don't know. From everything I've seen, he sure looks guilty. I've seen the Netflix one but not the Peacock one.

I mean, he went fishing 90 miles away from home... and the body just happened to be found in the exact area that he went fishing... 90 miles from home?
The fishing thing is super suspicious no doubt. But there are credible witnesses who saw her after she was supposed to be dead+her watch was pawned it appeared(It's missing to this day). Also, that van found near by that was burned with blood on a mattress. I have no idea why it still hasn't been tested. Also, everyone knew he was fishing there. The body could have been dumped there afterwards. It's also interesting there's a robbery across the street at the same time she goes missing.
I tend to think there'd be DNA somewhere. They don't even know when or how she died.

The fishing thing is super suspicious no doubt. But there are credible witnesses who saw her after she was supposed to be dead+her watch was pawned it appeared(It's missing to this day). Also, that van found near by that was burned with blood on a mattress. I have no idea why it still hasn't been tested. Also, everyone knew he was fishing there. The body could have been dumped there afterwards. It's also interesting there's a robbery across the street at the same time she goes missing.
I tend to think there'd be DNA somewhere. They don't even know when or how she died.
I'm definitely going to watch the Peacock series.

It's also super suspicious that he had a secret girlfriend who he told he "lost his wife", 2 and a half weeks before she went missing. On the same day that he bought his secret boat that nobody else knew about.

I'm definitely going to watch the Peacock series.

It's also super suspicious that he had a secret girlfriend who he told he "lost his wife", 2 and a half weeks before she went missing. On the same day that he bought his secret boat that nobody else knew about.
One thing about the boat, it appears Laci knew about it. She was in his warehouse the day before she went missing and it was right there infront of her. There was a witness who saw her there, as she asked to use the bathroom. One of the officers took the witnesses' statement out because it ruins the idea no one knew about it. It's possible he lied about who owned the boat, but she definitely would have seen it.

One thing about the boat, it appears Laci knew about it. She was in his warehouse the day before she went missing and it was right there infront of her. There was a witness who saw her there, as she asked to use the bathroom. One of the officers took the witnesses' statement out because it ruins the idea no one knew about it. It's possible he lied about who owned the boat, but she definitely would have seen it.
That really wasn't the point of my post though. It doesn't strike you as suspicious that he told his girlfriend that he "lost" his wife 2 and a half weeks before she went missing?

Back