• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Vacations

Whale is gross. This is not a “potatoes are bad” take, it just tastes bad. Have eaten it in Japan, prepared in various ways, and in Nunavut, raw. Ungood, always.

what cut of streak lol? the food in Iceland is amazing and super adventurous but the whale we had was definitely the worst thing we ate. basically was like just chomping down on a pile of blubber.

and my visit to Iceland predated both my pseudo-vegetarianism and my wife, who is largely responsible for it.
that's weird, I didn't get blubber when I had it. I dunno. I don't think whale is awesome or anything, just think it's worth a try when you visit. The lamb tho >>

it's possible manny and I were just given inferior cuts?

when I was in Iceland my palate was very adventurous. I tried basically everything without much hesitation or fear. but the whale was the only dish the entire time I was there that we had trouble finishing.

come to my house first. then you can confirm.

MX11J7.gif

So I (somewhat) impulsively booked a trip to St Lucia at the end of March. Had some WJD that were just sitting in my account and I'm not accumulating anymore due to switching CC. Anyone been there? Looks like a chill beach vacation with a bit of hiking / sightseeing mixed in.

I've never been and have nothing useful to add. But as photography nerd, am jelly and just wanted to point that out. Any one of those little southern caribbean mountain islands is on my landscape photography bucket list.

I've never been and have nothing useful to add. But as photography nerd, am jelly and just wanted to point that out. Any one of those little southern caribbean mountain islands is on my landscape photography bucket list.
yeah i'm actually more interested in Dominica or Martinique...maybe next year

Wife and I are looking to book an island getaway end of March as well. Looking at St Lucia or Antigua.

You doing hotel? Or Airbnb?

Wife and I are looking to book an island getaway end of March as well. Looking at St Lucia or Antigua.

You doing hotel? Or Airbnb?
I'm going to do Air BNB. Might spend a couple days in Martinique as well since it's only a 90 minute ferry ride from St Lucia.

Bahia Principe Akumal

I did a resort in Akumal like 12-13 years ago, was nice but was too far from PDC for my tastes. The Grand Sirenis I think it was. Xcaret was neat if you're looking for a day trip. Cozumel is gorgeous if you're looking for another.

Back