• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: WWE/MMA/Boxing Thread

I honestly don't want Poirier's last fight to be against McGregor, I have no interest in it. Matter of fact, I don't have much interest in seeing McGregor fight ever again.

Give me a Dan Hooker/Michael Chandler/Charles Oliveira rematch, a Justin Gaethje trilogy, or since we're talking pie in the sky bullshit? The winner of Max - Ilia.

I agree that I don’t care bout whether mcgregor ever fights again or not

He's good, but he's a relatively unknown fighter on the second fight of a PPV card. With all due respect to him, he shouldn't be on a PPV. On the pre-PPV portion, no problem.

I'm honestly surprised they didn't put the most overhyped prospect since Sage Northcut, Raul Rosas Jr, on the PPV card.

Actually think it’s pretty good placement to put two legit prospects as the second fight. How you build the winner up. The 2nd fight (when 5 or 6 fights) is best for building up unknowns at a ppv. But yeh, his other fights all deserve to be prelim or fight night main card status.

They moved Rosas off (apparently) because Dana wants everyone there for the Sphere prelims from the start - so put him up front cause popular

Last edited:
A few fights in, this card looks like a deluxe Apex card with the sound of the mariachi.

Yeah, this looks pretty crappy so far. Don’t get why they wouldn’t go all out for the prelim card too. Looks pretty shitty on TV. Need to wait for folks that paid to give their input for what it’s like inside and worth the extra $$$

Can't have Dana going over budget paying for all of those 55/55 fighters instead of a bunch of 15/15 guys though...

Someone has to think of the shareholders.

Can't have Dana going over budget paying for all of those 55/55 fighters instead of a bunch of 15/15 guys though...

Someone has to think of the shareholders.

Tho the contenders series is a fun wstch, it’s been the worst thing for the ufc roster. Maybe 1 or at most 2 deserve a spot each show and he’s giving 4-5 contracts. Like 40 fighters that shouldn’t be in ufc multiple by every season. Caused for shit fight nights and a lot of bad ppv cards

Tho the contenders series is a fun wstch, it’s been the worst thing for the ufc roster. Maybe 1 or at most 2 deserve a spot each show and he’s giving 4-5 contracts. Like 40 fighters that shouldn’t be in ufc multiple by every season. Caused for shit fight nights and a lot of bad ppv cards

His entire business model is 1-2 "money" guys per division (by UFC standards) making 200/200 or whatever + PPV points and then a gang of homeless, starving lunatics living in a car in their gym's parking lot on 20/20's trying to give each other CTE for a shot at a real money contract.

Quality of the roster is of secondary concern, if that.

Also worthy of note, the UFC has been shying away from signing the top prospects from Europe.

Cedric Doumbe, Baissangour Chamsoudinov (Lazy King), Paul Hughes, Roberto Soldic (Who has a win over Du Plessis), etc all signed elsewhere instead of the UFC because they were told they'd have to go through the Contender series or just accept a lowball offer.

Question with those prospects will be whether they stay in other organizations where they grew up or jump to ufc when matured to go after their title. UFC prob wins a bit if they get their prime years still.

Question with those prospects will be whether they stay in other organizations where they grew up or jump to ufc when matured to go after their title. UFC prob wins a bit if they get their prime years still.
It'll just depend on who pays them more. KSW hasn't had too much trouble keeping a lot of their stars.

The high end in the UFC is higher than anyone not named Ngannou & his opponent in the PFL, but for everyone else, they can probably make as much - if not more - fighting outside of the UFC.

It'll just depend on who pays them more. KSW hasn't had too much trouble keeping a lot of their stars.

The high end in the UFC is higher than anyone not named Ngannou & his opponent in the PFL, but for everyone else, they can probably make as much - if not more - fighting outside of the UFC.

UFC can likely still pick which ones they want. But either way, this will happen post Dana white + lawsuit ending - so hard to tell if ufc will still be as cheap for mid tier athletes

The UFC could sign all of those guys if they wanted to, there's literally nothing stopping them beyond not wanting to spend the money. All of them had the opportunity to leave for the UFC, but they went elsewhere.

Also, this won't change regardless of who's in charge. Dana White's eventual replacement, Hunter Campbell, is the one who does the vast majority of the contract negotiations and the only way things change are either the law changing (Ali Act extended to MMA), unionization or the fighter anti-trust lawsuit resulting in the UFC's contract structures being changed.

If the fighters lose that anti-trust lawsuit, they're fucked forever. Nothing is ever going to change.

If the Ali Act is extended to MMA, it'll never pass legislation if the Republicans are in power. And I don't know if there's any appeal in getting it done at present.

Back