• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: WWE/MMA/Boxing Thread

Anthony Joshua Vs Dubois for just $20……gonna actually buy this, in the hopes if enough people get it, more cards will be priced this reasonably.

This is a banger of a scrap for that price too.

The days of $80-100 cards need to end…

Last edited:

Anthony Joshua Vs Dubois for just $20……gonna actually buy this, in the hopes if enough people get it, more cards will be priced this reasonably.

This is a banger of a scrap for that price too.

The days of $80-100 cards need to end…
Don't be fooled by the PPV price number. Nobody's going to continue that trend beyond the Saudis, who are not doing any of this for profit.

The Saudis haven't made a dime off of any of this, they've probably never been in the green for a single card they've held. But they don't care, all of it is a way to sports wash and a marketing ploy for the country.

It is definitely good for us, the consumers, though. I just wish the reasons behind it weren't nefarious.

Don't be fooled by the PPV price number. Nobody's going to continue that trend beyond the Saudis, who are not doing any of this for profit.

More to it than that…..(a) the same saudis were happy to charge $70-80 for PPVs in the past, so getting two amazing fights like Joshua-DD, and Bivol-Beterviev for $20 & $15 respectively is a huge departure. (b) they’re not just doing it out of the goodness of their hearts, and I suspect it’s to A/B test how successfully well they can sell cards to fans that otherwise would stream it for free, and stopped buying $80 cards decades ago.

WWE used to sell PPV’s for $50-100, then learned if they sold everyone monthly subscriptions for $9.99 to start, they could actually make way more money, instead of bleeding PPV sales year over year to free streaming

Saudis may be toying with how well they could sell a subscription service of sorts…while also trying to reach a larger boxing fanbase with this cheaper entry point.

……and obviously if they find something that works, it’ll impact how others are forced to do business.
It is definitely good for us, the consumers, though. I just wish the reasons behind it weren't nefarious.

For sure, there’s absolutely nothing altruistic about it, haha.

Would be much better if it was anyone but the Saudi State sportswashing behind this.

Last edited:
96k at Webley…..atmosphere is outrageous.

Liam Gallagher played a 3-4 song show, prior to the final ring walks.

As if he wasn’t having an incredible enough performance, he ends it moments after looking like he could be in a world of trouble himself.

That reminded me so much of a prime Micheal Moorer….what a performance from Dubois on the biggest stage of his career.

While Anthony Joshua is only 34, that might have been his final relevant fight.

Unfortunately for us, there's a ton of meat left on the bone of his career. Never fought Fury, never fought Wilder, and his best career win was a 41 year old Wladimir Klitchko seven years ago.

Even if he strings a few wins together, Wilder's retired, Fury's not far away from retiring and if even if he continues fighting, he's on the down slope. Maybe he can get a Dubois rematch, but I can't help but think Dubois is still improving at his age.

All hail Oleksandr Usyk.

View: https://x.com/UsyksBurner/status/1837612475124273466

Eddie Hearn said post match there’s a rematch clause that they plan on activating….so hopefully we get to see that.

As you alluded to, there’s not a whole lot else that (a) makes much sense, or (b) is very interesting/noteworthy.

and while I’d also favor Dubois pretty heavily in a rematch, I do think AJ is capable of a better showing than he had tonight…..right from the opening bell he seemed particularly off/sluggish.

Back