• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: WWE/MMA/Boxing Thread

Cause Jones is running from these fights. I won’t place blame on the ufc. This is on Jon, in my mind
Again, pay him and he'll fight 'em. He's been sitting out for years, partially because he's a braindead idiot who can't control himself when he starts drinking, but also partially because he's been trying to get more money from the UFC.

Amazing performance by Shevchenko. I thought she won their second fight, but this one's a no doubter.

Amazing performance by Shevchenko. I thought she won their second fight, but this one's a no doubter.

I wish she could learn how to use a mic better. Could have done a shit ton to lift up woman’s MMA. Such a talent, but never could get the fans on side with her.

If picking I would rather Poatan v Aspinall to watch instead of JJ vs either.

But to shut ppl up from GOAT for JJ - want him to lose to both - back to back in 2025.

I still don’t get the purpose of these one min videos. The crowd even seems to be super quiet after and not into it.

UFC hasn’t shown many advantages made in watching an event at the Sphere. Should scare off other live sports from trying this any time soon.

The Khabib, Merab types, who aren't trying to KO you, but who are trying to drown you? Shit man...

Merab - Umar won't be the most entertaining fight ever, but it's close to #1 as the most interesting fight available.

Yup. The timing for UFC 308 isn't great, but that would be the perfect fight for UFC 308, not that it needs help. That's a fucking terrific card.

If they're having another card in Saudi Arabia in February, that seems like the logical main event.

I guess they could also put in Brazil, who enjoy watching a BJJ/ grappling competition. I think Dana said with new TV deal there is an annual event. Or Toronto, as they always seem to pick the coldest months to come - fucken idiots for that.

The UFC did there best to get the most out of Sean. But man, when you look at the top 5, not really sure there’s a great bounce back match up for him.

Merab = bad
Umar = maybe worse?
Yan = maybe, but don’t see them doing a rematch
Figy = not so great since now he has incorporated wrestling into his game with CCC coaching him
Sandman = prob the best to watch, but not easy

The wrong division to be a snipper type. 145 is prob better for style match ups at the top of the division, but his power isn’t likely to translate up in the same way as 135.

Sean's a terrific striker, possibly one of the best pure strikers in the sport, but the UFC has a tendency of sheltering their favorites. Until the Sterling fight, O'Malley never fought a wrestler and to O'Malley's credit, his striking paralyzed Sterling from using his wrestling.

They did the exact same thing with McGregor. Fed him striker, after striker, after more striker. And then he "proved" that he could beat a wrestler when he KO'ed Chad Mendes... who took the fight on 10 days notice and dominated the fight until his gas tank ran out in the second round. Eventually he fought Khabib and he was ragdolled.

I always reserve a healthy amount of skepticism as to how good a fighter is when the UFC plays favorites and handpicks fights.

I feel the same way about Poatan, but at the same time, light heavyweight is such a wasteland with almost no quality prospects and Poatan's just so fun to watch, that I don't care as much... But even then, Jan Blachowicz didn't have too much trouble taking him down and the UFC is doing everything they can to keep Pereira away from Mahgomed Ankalaev.

Back