• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Patrik Laine

I initially said that I'd only trade for Laine if they took Josh Anderson's contract. On second thought, I like this trade too. I just never thought we'd get a probable top-40 pick in two years for taking on Laine's contract.

I expect he’ll be sheltered by Suzuki, Slafkovsky and Caufield re: pressure and attention. Maybe that helps in the reclamation? i.e. He’s not “the man”.

I initially said that I'd only trade for Laine if they took Josh Anderson's contract. On second thought, I like this trade too. I just never thought we'd get a probable top-40 pick in two years for taking on Laine's contract.
it probably isn't much different than a late first

He didn’t really get into why it didn’t work out in Columbus… they have new management but that didn’t move the needle…

Sounds like it was personal with forces outside the organization.

Considering all this and that no other team offered much, I’m still optimistic but cautiously so.

At the presser, Hughes said Habs can still fit Price on the roster. which means we clear a lot of space through LTIR when the season starts…. enabling us to be buyers at the deadline or sellers of cap space for picks

He didn’t really get into why it didn’t work out in Columbus… they have new management but that didn’t move the needle…

Sounds like it was personal with forces outside the organization.

Considering all this and that no other team offered much, I’m still optimistic but cautiously so.
Probably too much water under the bridge. Add to that, Columbus isn't exactly a hockey city, or a coveted city in general. It was great to hear that we weren't on his 10 team no-trade list. Means he's never viewed playing in the Mtl market as a worry for him.

Back