• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Patrik Laine

I also think that despite the media fishbowl, Laine is better positioned to rejuvenate his career in Montreal under MSL than anyplace else. At the end of the day, most of that fishbowl is French so if Laine doesn't read or listen to the franco media, he's actually playing in a similar English market as he did in Winnipeg. He only has to deal with Stu Cowan, Arpon Basu, Eric Engels, the clown show at TSN690 and....who? Kenzie Lalonde?

That’s bs. Non Francophones find the market imposing as well

I hope he can stay healthy. Its a good gamble given cap room, contract duration and the 2nd round pick.

2025/26 should be fun. Pretty stacked with upside.

Suzy
Cole
Slaf
Laine
Demigod

Dach
Roy
Newhook
Only one center in the upper echelon is an issue. Dach needs to prove himself or Hughes needs to find another deal.

Reactions: CH1
That’s bs. Non Francophones find the market imposing as well
Non-francophones can't comprehend what's being said about them unless they make an effort to find out. It doesn't reach them passively like commentary or criticism in English would. We need to stop believing that dealing with the media is appreciably more difficult to navigate in Montreal than any other Canadian NHL city. It's just not. Not anymore. If Laine had been acquired by the Canucks or Oilers the media scrutiny would be the same. No more and no less intense than Montreal. Toronto is the only market in Canada that might be a higher level of crazy just because the "national" media is headquartered there and they are Leafs-centric. But the other Canadian markets are pretty much all the same in terms of media glare. If anything, Montreal's size and population gives Laine more places to hide than Winnipeg offered him.

My take is embarrassment. He knows he has what amounted to a childish addiction. Very possible he just didn't want to see the same faces.
Grown ass men who play video games should be embarrassed. Put away the controller, put down the comic boo...err...I mean, the "graphic novels" :rolleyes: and be a friggin' adult. Do you think Guy Lafleur spent his free time on road trips shut in his hotel room playing Pong on his Colecovision? No, because he was not a child. He was out drinking, smoking, and getting laid by women to whom he was not married like a fucking boss.

The return on Lehkonen was underwhelming but that was more on his usage in Montreal than Hughes Sal. They didn't give him the real chance to pot 25g.

Furthermore, they were tearing it down and he was expendable, I like the player too but context here is important.

Lastly, we will need to follow the trade chain moving forward before passing judgment using 4 year-old's terms like pousse caca. At least it wasn't doody-head, that would have been really bad.

The return on Lehkonen was underwhelming but that was more on his usage in Montreal than Hughes Sal. They didn't give him the real chance to pot 25g.

Furthermore, they were tearing it down and he was expendable, I like the player too but context here is important.

Lastly, we will need to follow the trade chain moving forward before passing judgment using 4 year-old's terms like pousse caca. At least it wasn't doody-head, that would have been really bad.
Didnt that pick help get Newhook?

What I’m more intrigued by is how & when does Hughes strike to extend Laine longterm without having to break double digit cap hit ($10M+) w ceiling set to top $100M

IMO, It wouldn’t be out of the realm of possibility to happen by Xmas…

Back