• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Patrik Laine

I think Kent Hughes can't comment on it because it might be a conflict of interest as Pascal Vincent is still getting paid by Columbus. Those who are more knowledgeable of law & how contracts work might be able to shoot down my thesis.

While coaches get fired every year, they're not always shoved to the side and told to fuck off to where they came from. Often times, like in the case of Julien & Ducharme here, they're asked to do some part-time work as either consultants or scouting since they're still receiving the organization's paychecks.

There are people (think Brad Trielieving) who are fired in one organization, then named as GM of another team before the start of the following season, but who can't be at the draft board that first year because of the knowledge they have of the initial organization.

I’m not. It’s all my extended generation that got into video games and computers before internet became a thing. We never really stopped playing, we just watch less TV than other people.
Good point but many peeps I know binge NETFLIX like demons and spend more time than gaming

Last edited:
Also, who gives a fuck what people do on their free time?

If Laine was wasting his career away because of booze and coke (a very common trend for hockey players, btw) instead of video games, would it be better because it's "cooler"?

Back