• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Patrik Laine

What I’m more intrigued by is how & when does Hughes strike to extend Laine longterm without having to break double digit cap hit ($10M+) w ceiling set to top $100M

IMO, It wouldn’t be out of the realm of possibility to happen by Xmas…

nah....

he has to first prove he can play more than 56 games a season...which he hasn't done since he was 22

What I’m more intrigued by is how & when does Hughes strike to extend Laine longterm without having to break double digit cap hit ($10M+) w ceiling set to top $100M

Laine wont be retained IMO

Wouldn't be impossible? You can't extend until the last year of his contract, and that is 2 years from now.

Reactions: CH1
exactly...his career is Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. Gotta figure out who he is before handing him the biggest bag in franchise history

Grown ass men who play video games should be embarrassed. Put away the controller, put down the comic boo...err...I mean, the "graphic novels" :rolleyes: and be a friggin' adult. Do you think Guy Lafleur spent his free time on road trips shut in his hotel room playing Pong on his Colecovision? No, because he was not a child. He was out drinking, smoking, and getting laid by women to whom he was not married like a fucking boss.
A LOTS of adults are playing video games, in fact it's the biggest demographic of gamers. So you're way out of touch bud.

A LOTS of adults are playing video games, in fact it's the biggest demographic of gamers. So you're way out of touch bud.
I know a lot of adults play video games. A lot of adults live in their moms' basements too. I see lots of adults tooling around aimlessly on kids bicycles when they ought to be at a job working. The fact that a lot of people do a certain thing doesn't make the activity any less a frivolous waste of time or any less childish. It just means that a lot of adults are failing at adulting. If Laine wants to earn his $8 shmil/year, he can't be staying up til 3am playing Fortnight when he has practice in the morning. It's unprofessional. But if he insists on breaking curfew could he at least do something a little more adult, like chase skirt? If fans are supposed to live vicariously through their favorite sports stars, let those sports stars be the kind that bang coeds, not the kind that want to go to Comicon.

true, I don't play but that is because I am not good at them and my son laughs at me. I see no issue with an adult playing them. Wehave has a limited view of what an adult should be, no disney, no cartoons, no star wars, no comics, just hard edged HBO, talk nothing but politics, and arguing on X

I know a lot of adults play video games. A lot of adults live in their moms' basements too. I see lots of adults tooling around aimlessly on kids bicycles when they ought to be at a job working. The fact that a lot of people do a certain thing doesn't make the activity any less a frivolous waste of time or any less childish. It just means that a lot of adults are failing at adulting. If Laine wants to earn his $8 shmil/year, he can't be staying up til 3am playing Fortnight when he has practice in the morning. It's unprofessional. But if he insists on breaking curfew could he at least do something a little more adult, like chase skirt? If fans are supposed to live vicariously through their favorite sports stars, let those sports stars be the kind that bang coeds, not the kind that want to go to Comicon.
Your bubble life never ceased to amaze me.

Ok I understand french, but damn, can a Quebecois translate that for me?
Vincent took the PR hit (heat) to protect Laine last year by “sitting him for a game”, because player needed to take time off from playing a game since he wasn’t in the right state of mind (feeling up to it)…

Takeaway being not only was it the real story behind Laine not dressing, but it’s interesting that same coach who was willing to take one for his players is now the Laval head coach of young upcoming prospects

Last edited:
One weird thing about the Hughes presser — when asked if he consulted Vincent before the trade, Hughes denied to comment on it

Back