• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Playoffs 2022

Without Covid you don't get that run last summer. You don't even get a playoff appearance. So it's relevant. It's pretty much the only relevant fact of the last 2 Habs' seasons.
You don't know that, 2018-2019 we finished with 96 pts and missed the playoffs., years prior to that, 96 pts would usually get you in the playoffs, to say that 2020 and 2021 was a gift is a stretch, the season was put on pause in 19-20 and when they reopened it they had to make it fair as they could and extended who would get it, you are forgetting that we had to beat the Penguins to advance into the playoffs and we did... 20-21 was an all Canadian division and we made the playoffs based on that... what is so hard for you understand about that

You don't know that, 2018-2019 we finished with 96 pts and missed the playoffs., years prior to that, 96 pts would usually get you in the playoffs, to say that 2020 and 2021 was a gift is a stretch, the season was put on pause in 19-20 and when they reopened it they had to make it fair as they could and extended who would get it, you are forgetting that we had to beat the Penguins to advance into the playoffs and we did... 20-21 was an all Canadian division and we made the playoffs based on that... what is so hard for you understand about that

Cmon , Habs were done ...team was drafting in the top 7 in both Covid years in a normal schedule

The shit storm hit 2 years ago and only a once in a lifetime event stopped us from missing the playoffs 5 years in a row .

I am not taking nothing away from what they did but to go from the finals to dead last clearly shows this team was fraud

Injuries , covid , departures , etc.... derailed our season even more but this disaster was a guarantee this year

Lets just be happy how the events unfolded in our favour .

Anyone who watched them knew that, whether they wanted to admit it or not. The team was garbage. Even last season in a mediocre all-Canadian division they barely scraped in and had the season lasted even another 6 games one of the teams below them would have almost certainly overtaken them. They fluked their way in and then got hot. Lucky for us Habs fans but it was all luck and very little skill or talent, certainly not the kind that was sustainable beyond the 7 or so weeks they lasted before Tampa gave them a harsh reality check.

Cmon , Habs were done ...team was drafting in the top 7 in both Covid years in a normal schedule

The shit storm hit 2 years ago and only a once in a lifetime event stopped us from missing the playoffs 5 years in a row .

I am not taking nothing away from what they did but to go from the finals to dead last clearly shows this team was fraud

Injuries , covid , departures , etc.... derailed our season even more but this disaster was a guarantee this year

Lets just be happy how the events unfolded in our favour .
No you ARE taking away what they did..

No you ARE taking away what they did..
Because they were only able to do it under once in a century circumstances that devalued everything. It's the same reason why I put no stock in Olympic hockey medals. Because winning a 6 game round robin tournament against mostly garbage opponents like Belarus and Norway is not the same as prevailing after an 82 game regular season followed by 4 playoff rounds in which teams get re-seeded so as to make it as difficult as possible. The former you can win by sheer luck, the latter requires you to actually be great. Last year's 56 game season and extremely favorable divisional realignment meant that the Habs didn't need to be good, just lucky.

And they weren't good. They were, however, lucky. And when their luck ran out Tampa exposed them for the fraud they always were.

Corey fucking Perry again
Quite literally the only reason Tampa Bay is even remotely tolerable. Fucking hell, I still can't believe The Charlatan let him walk because he didn't want to give him a second fucking year.

If there was ever a player that was the perfect example of the type of player that cretin loved, it would be Corey Perry & Shea Weber.

The Charlatan went on and on about ka rek tur and culture and all these stupid fucking buzzwords, and for what?

Even if theoretically Perry's play slipped and he wasn't an everyday NHLer anymore, he's the type of guy you'd want a Guhle, a (maybe) Shane Wright to be around and see what a grizzled, tough as shit NHLer would be. Who cares if he didn't play every game anymore had his game slipped, he wasn't playing every game when he first got here anyway. Meanwhile, 9 months later and 82 games played on the defending champs later, he still seems decent enough.

Caufield had an interview this season, I think it was before a Tampa game, and he was just gushing about how much he got from Perry in the short time he was around him.

But we couldn't keep him around? Fuck me.

Nah, I think Carolina's a bad matchup for everyone in the East. Wouldn't shock me if Tampa Bay beat them, but I give the edge to Carolina.

As I said before the playoffs started, Florida always seemed far to happy to play in those high scoring games and didn't seem to be good in tight games. They're awesome in loosey-goosey, high scoring, free-flowing games. Force 'em to play tight, grinding playoff-type games and they don't look nearly as good.

Back